This is my first time really dealing with C# i did this in VB with ASP but never with C#.

What i need to do is take data that I enter into a textbox and save it to my SQL server and there is also a Image that needs to save to it also.

Thanks for the help.

Recommended Answers

Hi,
You can find plenty of code snippets on MSDN to help you with that. Here's one answer:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/csharpgeneral/thread/91bd10ce-c83b-4766-920b-2137ddc29908

As for saving the image, there are two things you can do; save the …

Jump to Post

All 3 Replies

Hi,
You can find plenty of code snippets on MSDN to help you with that. Here's one answer:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/csharpgeneral/thread/91bd10ce-c83b-4766-920b-2137ddc29908

As for saving the image, there are two things you can do; save the name (and possibly file location if it isn't consistent) of the image to the database and save the image to a folder (always my preferred option) or save the image into the database as a blob data type.

Hope that helps,

Thanks that helped. Got all working now.

Only thing can't find is how to use the fileupload in ASP.Net so i browse to find an image and the save it to database.

If you can help thanks.

That's easy. You can do something like this:

For example, if you want to store an image to a folder called "images" in the root of your site and the file upload control is called "fuImage".

if (fuImage.HasFile) //in here you can make multiple checks, like content type, etc
    {
      string path = Server.MapPath("images"); //this will get the physical path to the images folder
      fuImage.SaveAs(path + fuImage.PostedFile.FileName); // the fuImage.PostedFile.FileName is the original name of your uploaded file, you can always change it (and imo I recomend you to do it).
    }

This an very very simple example. IMO you should always check if a file with the same name exists and delete it or rename the new one.

Hope that this would help you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.