Hello people,

First of all, i'm not an experienced ASP coder at all, i usually do php/java so i'm still kinda puzzled by this language.

For my current project, i need to update a piece of an intranet, written completely in ASP.
since it can't be reached from my position, the owner send me the complete code, and the database.
(litterally a copy-paste of it).

Before my first attempt to run the script, i corrected the link to the database file, and checked the file's permissions just to be sure. but i still get this error

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

/vergunning/dev/connect.asp, line 4 

the file that takes care of the connection is simple:

<% 
set conn=server.createobject("adodb.connection")
conn.Errors.Clear
conn.open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=D:\db\intranet.mdb;"
Response.Buffer = True 
%>

this code works on their intranet, the path/filename is correct, and it isn't read or write protected.
it also doesn't ask for an username/password.
I installed IIS 7.0 and Visual Studio 2010 express just to be sure.

Can anyone tell me what's going wrong?

Recommended Answers

my guess would be Office drivers may not be installed. You can download and install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255) Click Here and then retry.

Jump to Post

All 2 Replies

sorry for the late reaction, i tried installing the database engine, but it didn't have any effect unfortunately.
I tried installing some database tools with the webmatrix, but that didn't help either.
i got a new computer to work on, and it seems that a default webmatrix install (only the recommanded programs) did work.

thanks for the help anyway :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.