Hi guys. Feels great to post back on DaniWeb. Hope everyone is doing great!

I am currently playing around with the google websearch api. They have a javascript example where they created a "hello world" page.

https://developers.google.com/web-search/docs/

This code only returns 8 pages of each type of search. I was wondering how can I get it to return more? Becasue for example, if i search directly on google for something, it returns millions of results. This only returns 8 pages. How can i get it to return more? also, how can I get the count of the number of pages that were returned?I was looking at some documentation and the functions but couldnt find anything useful for what im trying to do. What do you guys suggets?

Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Taken from the top of the page you linked: "Note: The Google Web Search API has been officially deprecated as of November 1, 2010. It will continue to work as per our deprecation policy, but the number of requests you may make per day will be limited. Therefore, we encourage you to move to the new Custom Search API."

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.