Hi!

I have a problem... I need to make simple upload script which for me as a novice php programmer isnt so simple aat aall! So if someone could point me to a good tutorial or solve my problem, it would be great!

Ok, this is what i have now. Please dont laugh hahaha

<?php include ('head.php') ?>

<?php
$con = mysql_connect("localhost","root","*");
if (!$con)
  {
  die('Could not connect to the database: ' . mysql_error());
  }

mysql_select_db("warehousemanagement", $con);

$sql="INSERT INTO parts (username, customer_name, customer_address, date, warehouse, part_number, description, serial_number, quantity, part_condition, certificate_number, certificate_date, location, incoming_reference, shelf_life_end_date, dangerous_goods)
VALUES
('$_POST[username]','$_POST[customer_name]','$_POST[customer_address]','$_POST[date]','$_POST[warehouse]','$_POST[part_number]','$_POST[description]','$_POST[serial_number]','$_POST[quantity]','$_POST[part_condition]','$_POST[certificate_number]','$_POST[certificate_date]','$_POST[location]','$_POST[incoming_reference]','$_POST[shelf_life_end_date]','$_POST[dangerous_goods]')";

if (!mysql_query($sql,$con))
  {
  die('Error: ' . mysql_error());
  }
echo "1 record added";
echo "<br />";
echo "<a href='admin/insert-records.php'>Add another record</a>";

?> 

<?php
if(isset($_POST['upload']) && $_FILES['userfile']['size'] > 0)
{
$fileName = $_FILES['userfile']['name'];
$tmpName  = $_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name'];
$fileSize = $_FILES['userfile']['size'];
$fileType = $_FILES['userfile']['type'];

$fp      = fopen($tmpName, 'r');
$content = fread($fp, filesize($tmpName));
$content = addslashes($content);
fclose($fp);

if(!get_magic_quotes_gpc())
{
    $fileName = addslashes($fileName);
}

$con = mysql_connect("localhost","root","*");
if (!$con)
  {
  die('Could not connect to the database: ' . mysql_error());
  }

mysql_select_db("warehousemanagement", $con);

$query = "INSERT INTO parts (name, size, type, content ) ".
"VALUES ('$fileName', '$fileSize', '$fileType', '$content')";

mysql_query($query) or die('Error, query failed');
mysql_close($con);

echo "<br>File $fileName uploaded<br>";
}

mysql_close($con);
?>
<?php include ('footer.php') ?>

This kinda works, but it inserts it in two sepparate rows... Can someone please avise what to do?

Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

You have two insert queries, so yes, you'll get two rows. Was that the problem? Were you thinking of one select or update?

Hi!

The problem is that i cant make one single query to insert everything. I know it is easy for someone that knows php but for me its hard :) I found files insert tutorial on the web but i dont know how to rewrite it to make it possible to add some text and date fields ...

You need to merge lines 12-14 and 53,54. If you move the first query to the position of the second, you just need to add the 4 column names and values into the first query:

$sql = "INSERT INTO parts (username, customer_name, customer_address, date, warehouse, part_number, description, serial_number, quantity, part_condition, certificate_number, certificate_date, location, incoming_reference, shelf_life_end_date, dangerous_goods, name, size, type, content)
VALUES ('$_POST[username]','$_POST[customer_name]','$_POST[customer_address]','$_POST[date]','$_POST[warehouse]','$_POST[part_number]','$_POST[description]','$_POST[serial_number]','$_POST[quantity]','$_POST[part_condition]','$_POST[certificate_number]','$_POST[certificate_date]','$_POST[location]','$_POST[incoming_reference]','$_POST[shelf_life_end_date]','$_POST[dangerous_goods]', '$fileName', '$fileSize', '$fileType', '$content')";

Thanks! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.