Hi everyone,

I need some resources, examples, or tutorials to be able to understand how to write a server in PHP which can communicate with MySQL database, and receive & send the desired information to the client from the database. If you offer some websites or books, I would appreciate.

Thank you in advance.

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by uurcnyldrm

Can you be any more vague?

Votes + Comments
Only if the question was, "Help?"
Being administrator does not give you the right of making fun of people. I am new and the question might be askedin a wrong way but the people who understood what I meant just helped me. I don't know what kind of mentality brings you there. You are probab

Just ask where you did not understand, and I will try to make clear that part. Please do not write childish answers. I am just trying to learn something.

Votes + Comments
Ask a smart question if you want a smart answer.

When you say 'write a server' I assume you aren't talking about creating a web server using PHP? (Which would be impossible).

Anyway, to communicate with a database you shall want to use a mix between PHP and MySQLi, as you have suggested. The best way to begin learning this would be to buy a good book (I recommend an O'Reilly book called, 'Learning PHP, MySQL and JavaScript'. It is outdated however the basics are still there).

Once you have the basics of MySQL_* you can begin moving onto the newer extension which is MySQLi(mproved) which has more security benefits.

Don't forget the official resources, such as PHP.net.

Good luck!

Edited by Octet

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.