Hi everyone,
I'm doing my final year project now and I'm needed to use ASP.NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005 to do the project. I've never learnt anything about it and I've a big problem with the project.

At this moment, I'm trying to do an edit page where user can search for a particular person from a database and edit n update the database. But currently, I'm somewad done with the drag n drop of the appearance but I realli have no idea how should I link the buttons to connect it to n fro the database. I have to search for e request from e database and get a reply from the database n display it. Both e source code and e 'aspx.vb' code are totalli a 0 to me.. I dunno wad code to put and stuff like that. Can somebody Plssssssssssssssss help~~!!!! :-|

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I don't know where to begin. You are doing your final year project in a language you have no experience in? Either you are insane or your school is.

Beyond that, you give us very little information to help you with. What kind of database are you using? What have you done so far? What error messages are you getting.

And finally, a pet peeve of mine, but one that seems to be shared by a few others on this forum, please try to use something that resembles English. An occasional typo is one thing but

Both e source code and e 'aspx.vb' code are totalli a 0 to me.. I dunno wad code to put and stuff like that.

is ridiculous.

I don't know where to begin. You are doing your final year project in a language you have no experience in? Either you are insane or your school is.

Beyond that, you give us very little information to help you with. What kind of database are you using? What have you done so far? What error messages are you getting.

And finally, a pet peeve of mine, but one that seems to be shared by a few others on this forum, please try to use something that resembles English. An occasional typo is one thing but
is ridiculous.

Agreed campkev.

Key to get help is to provide information around the help you need. The questions campkev has asked are valid and required for any help.

Being that this is project, one other point to note, those here on the forums only provide help, we won't do the work for you. You have to provide work you have tried for us to provide some feedback/solutions.

Hope this helps

Hi I think i can help you in a better way but i need to know in which platform you are working and i need to know in which way i can help you so first i need the basic info about the project and then we can find the solution easily

Because we are having experience in doing lot of ASP.Net projects so give us the info and check out our website.......... You can get the info clearly.

TO SEARCH AND EDIT THAT RECORD........

Private Sub btnsearch_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnsearch.Click
Try
txtmsg.Text = ""
OleDbDataAdapter1 = New OleDbDataAdapter("select * from TABLENAME where FIELDNAME like '" & ddl.SelectedItem.Text & "%'", OleDbConnection1)
OleDbDataAdapter1.Fill(DataSet21, "phbook")
OleDbConnection1.Open()
Dim com As New OleDbCommand
com.Connection = OleDbConnection1
com.CommandText = "select * from TABLENAME"
dg1.DataBind()
Catch ex As Exception
txtmsg.Text = ex.ToString
OleDbConnection1.Close()
End Try
End Sub

THIS WILL HANDLE THE SEARCH PASRT AND DISPLAY ALL THE RECORDS IN TEXTBOXES LIKE:

DIM DR AS DATAREADER
TEXTBOX1.TEXT=DR("FIRST_NAME")

THIS WILL DO THE SEARCHING AND NOE THE EDIT PART.........

USE AN UPDATE QUERY TO EDIT RECORD AND AT THE END OF THE CODE JUST UPDATE THE DATAADAPTER LIKE THIS

// FOR MS ACCESS
OLEDBDATAADAPTER.UPDATE(DATASET, "TABLENAME")

// FOR MS SQL SERVER
SQLDATAADAPTER.UPDATE(DATASET, "TABLENAME")

HOPE THIS WILL HELP.......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.