Hi professors,

can you please help me out by saying an usefull and fast learning text book name with author for jsp(java server pages).

Thanks in Advance for helping me.
regards
Salem.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

:)

Hi professors,

Just say "Hello Friends" or "Greetings"

You should have to use Oracle Java EE documentation & Java EE 5/6/7 tutorials.

Forget jsp... just study Java and ensure you're confident in HTML. Now I never use jsp but I'm 95% sure it's just a mix of Java and HTML? If it is then focus on Java, HTML is easy.

Search for the latest Java books on Amazon.

I would recommend course technology books by CENGAGE Learning.

@mmcdonald
1) Question was about learning resources for JSP not for opinion what is currently used
2) CENGAGE Learning is online university from what I seen and have very few books available publicly andI seen none for Java or JSP in that respect
3) Latest Java books on Amazon doesn't mean it gone be about JSP and it doesn't mean they would be useful to beginner

@peter_budo

I thought we had free speech? Now does this sound like an opinion to you?

Now I never use jsp but I'm 95% sure it's just a mix of Java and HTML? If it is then focus on Java, HTML is easy.

I believe I was just exploring the topic.

2) CENGAGE Learning is online university from what I seen and have very few books available publicly andI seen none for Java or JSP in that respect

That's not true. I have dozens of CENGAGE books from my university; perhaps they just deal with educational establishments? Who knows. But at the end of the day I was just putting something forward in case it helped.

3) Latest Java books on Amazon doesn't mean it gone be about JSP and it doesn't mean they would be useful to beginner

Very true

We have freedom of speech none is stoping you, nevertheless question was where can I get resource to learn Java web development not what framework I should use (Spring, Hibernate, Wicket etc.)
Well you may have CENGAGE books but how did you get them? Enrolment? Amazon or similar shop? And do they hold titles on requested topic? Lastly I never heard before of CENGAGE so it may be geographicaly specific to your location, so you have to be mindful of suggested resources availability...

Okay I'll be more careful with my responses in the future. Thank you.

also:

but I'm 95% sure it's just a mix of Java and HTML?

no, it isn't. the jsp file is basically (and only) the view through which you show the data that's being built by servlets (Java classes).
only those who are not all that experienced in JSP / Servlet will put actual Java code in the .jsp files.

@stultuske valid point, but we already cleared our views on the question with @mmcdonald No need to torture him more ;)

The term isn't torture, it's educate. I'm quite content with everything in this discussion.

Hi you can try Larry Kim (author) books, there are solutions for each problems in jsp lanuage.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.