The scenario is like this:
- I am using a CMS that uses FCKEditor (that's what came with it not CKEditor).
- I use this CMS a lot, I'm pretty familiar with it and I have never had a problem on my machine or anyone else's using the Admin facility for the CMS. I don't believe that the CMS is the source of the problem or that it is matters much what CMS it is (and few people here are probably even familiar with it).
- A copy of the CMS with the setup for a specific site is installed on a server. I use this web host a lot so I am pretty familiar with them and have not had any problems with them.
- From my Win 7 (64 bit) machine, I can access this site and use the Admin facility with no problem. It gives you a WYSIWYG view of each web page with all of the FCKEditor icons along the top of the box.
- From another Win 7 (64 bit) machine belonging to a client, running from the same site, the Admin facility does not provide a WYSIWYg display and the FCKEditor icons aren't displayed. There is a (small) box displayed that contains the html rather than the WYSIWYG display.
- I tried it from a third Win 7 machine and everything displayed properly on that one as well.
- I have looked on the Forum for the CMS, posted the problem there (no response) and looked on the internet at large (including the CKEditor site) for anything similar and I haven't found anything.
- We tried this site on her machine using IE and Chrome. The result was slightly different but the bottom line was that it didn't work on either one.
I don't believe that anything is wrong on the server. It would seem that something isn't right on her machine but I am stumped in terms of what to look for or how to resolve it. I don't think that she would be very interested in the sledge hammer approach (reloading Windows etc).
I'm looking for ideas and inspiration as to what I can check that might be the cause of this.