For one of our projects we are looking for a Word editor that can be used in ASP.NET without the need of Office/Word being installed on the server. The requirement is that we need to be able to edit Word mail merge templates online. Any advice or pointers welcomed.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi

I have used the Aspose components extensively in ASP.NET with extremely good results. Aspose.Words also supports mail merging and is pretty easy to use.

HTH

I read that indeed. Does the Aspose also allow editing the merge template?

I honestly don't know as I haven't performed mail merging with Aspose. However, I would be surprised if you could not as it is a very powerful library.

Also, I have just looked at some of the documentation and they have a new merge syntax called mustache (great name) which suggests that you can create your mail merge documents with plain text place markers which if you go down this route will certainly enable you to be able to modify your merge templates.

Looks promising. We'll probably have a chat with Aspose.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.