Techno_dame 0 Newbie Poster

I got a problem , can you help me out.

Recently started learning how to program in asp.net using Web Matrix.

I downloaded and installed all necccessary software as instructed (i.e. the Web Matrix software, MSDE software and SQL Server 2005 Express software.

Strangely, in Web Matrix, when it comes to when I have to connect to the server (i.e. either MSDE or SQL ), I am given the following error message and denied access:

" Unable to connect to database
SQL Server does not exist or access denied
ConnectionOpen (Connect()). "

Hence, after trying to vainly remedy this (and believe me I tried: reading documentation, downloading patch software, uninstalling software and re-installing, I thought I give up and so tried to use Access database instead.

Now, the problem is ofcourse that I can't take advantace of all the other features available if I am using MSDE / SQL databases.

So, does anyone out there know what I can do to fix this problem. I'm trying to build an online store and it is imparative that I get this sorted. I'm not an expert at all and I would appreciate an experts advice, PLEASE. (pretty please, with a cherry on top)

Thanks in advance......

tachno_dame

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.