During trying to inspect element like changing the color of the web scroll down color. I cannot find which css file to change? Which on the right side said inline instead of mentioning the file.

element { Inline
background: rgb(0, 0, 0) none repeat scroll 0% 0%;
width: 7px;
position: absolute;
top: 68px;
opacity: 0.4;
display: none;
border-radius: 7px;
z-index: 99;
right: 1px;
height: 190.571px;

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello,
You wrote that “ on the right side said inline ” . Witch css inspector tools are you using ? For example in Chrome developers tools under inspect you have element.style  for styles applied inline in element level , or the name of the current HTML page for classes applied with the <style> tag in page level

I have tried both Google Chrome and Firefox.

I cannot find these text:

background: rgb(0, 0, 0) none repeat scroll 0% 0%;

anywhere in the file - therefore I am looking for a faster way to find which file the css.

Hi Davy,
The term 'inline' if you already never knew means that the style for that element is within the element. For example:

<div style="background: rgb(0, 0, 0) none repeat scroll 0% 0%;
width: 7px;
position: absolute;
top: 68px;
opacity: 0.4;
display: none;
border-radius: 7px;
z-index: 99;
right: 1px;
height: 190.571px;">
</div>

I think you should try to look for the style attributes already being applied to the element in the style property of the element,
because most of the time inline styles cannot be overriden. I hope this helps you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.