I want to view records based on the selected drop down value so I used sql query with WHERE clause. When I echo that query, it is fetching the drop down value which I selects but it isn't showing me the records in the table. When I give the values in Where clause on my own like e.g. WHERE name='John', It shows me the record of John but when I write WHERE name='$select' and echo it, It fetches the selected value i.e. name=John in query but don't show the records. Here is my code:

$con=mysqli_connect("localhost","root","","project_db");
if(mysqli_errno($con))
{
    echo "Can't Connect to mySQL:".mysqli_connect_error();
}

$select1=isset($_POST['select1']) ? $_POST['select1'] : '';
$select2=isset($_POST['select2']) ? $_POST['select2'] : '';
$select3=isset($_POST['select3']) ? $_POST['select3'] : '';
$select4=isset($_POST['select4']) ? $_POST['select4'] : '';

echo $sql = "SELECT * FROM projecttbl WHERE $select1= '".$select2."' AND $select3='".$select4."'";
$result = mysql_query($con,$sql);

Recommended Answers

Line 13 mysql_query() returns a resource. Not the actual items you are after. You're in luck though as the PHP manual which I'll link to shows how to get the items from your query.

Read

Jump to Post

All 3 Replies

Line 13 mysql_query() returns a resource. Not the actual items you are after. You're in luck though as the PHP manual which I'll link to shows how to get the items from your query.

Read http://php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-query.php

Specifically the example using this line in the manual at link above.
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))

I have used that mysql_fetch_assoc below in the table but still it's not working

@Cara_1, I read your supplied code again even used a search and found no usage of mysql_fetch. You may want to share more code.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.