Does anyone have any experience using Ezoic to increase site speed? Namely ...

• Is their site speed increase predictor accurate?
  • Does complicated Javascript still work perfectly? What are the trade-offs?
  • What is their pricing?! It says it's based on traffic, once the free trial ends, but I can't find anywhere that actually says what the actual pricing is

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Interesting reviews on this. But they are 25 miles from my door here but from what I read they have some upfront requirements and from what I read, their machine learning robot runs your site. As to Javascript they replied last year:

Our service requires that all publishers meet certain standards and requirements prior to going live with Ezoic. This includes traffic requirements; which with small websites we will often require Google Analytics data to be shared.

Additionally, our team discourages the JS implementation because it is not as effective and can slow down sites (we want all of users to have good experiences so it is strongly discouraged). It is only an option for sites that do not have access to their DNS records.

I'd use the old phone system and call them up if I wanted to know more.

their machine learning robot runs your site.

Yes, you redirect your DNS to their servers, which parse your pages, make the necessary adjustments with their AI, and then return the optimized result to the end-user's browser.

Additionally, our team discourages the JS implementation because it is not as effective and can slow down sites (we want all of users to have good experiences so it is strongly discouraged). It is only an option for sites that do not have access to their DNS records.

They aren't saying here it's a bad idea for your website to have JS. They're saying it's a bad idea to implement their JS to perform the optimization instead of modifying your DNS to point to their servers.

I'd use the old phone system and call them up if I wanted to know more.

I'm more interested in independent testimonials, e.g. how sophisticated is their AI in a real world use case?

Everytime I hear about AI you dig into it and it's machine learning which is being sold as "AI." I worked on "smart" systems in the 80's so I tend to stick with AI being what it was called then.

Let's hope someone uses their system and answers here but my bet is you'll have to use a Reddit or some other place to find ezoic users.

Hello, thanks for sharing useful question and anwer about Ezoic to increase site speed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.