I have Apache2, php 7.2, and mysql installed. At the top of my index.php I have the following script:

<?php
session_start();
// start of script every time.

//  setup a path for all of your canned php scripts
$php_scripts = '/home/larry/web/test/php/'; // a folder above the web accessible tree
//  load the pdo connection module  
require $php_scripts . 'PDO_Connection_Select.php';
require $php_scripts . 'GetUserIpAddr.php';

//*******************************
//   Begin the script here
$ip = GetUserIpAddr();
if (!$pdo = PDOConnect("foxclone")):
{
    echo "Failed to connect to database" ;
    exit;
}
else:
{
    $stmt = $pdo->prepare("INSERT INTO 'download' ('IP_ADDRESS', 'FILENAME') VALUES (?, ?");
    $stmt->bindParam(1, $ip);
    $stmt->bindParam(2, $filename);  
    $stmt->execute();

}

endif;
//exit();
?>

<DOCTYPE html>

The prepare statement is throwing the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''download' ('IP_ADDRESS', 'FILENAME') VALUES (?, ?' at line 1 in /home/larry/web/test/public_html/index2.php:23 Stack trace: #0 /home/larry/web/test/public_html/index2.php(23): PDO->prepare('INSERT INTO 'do...') #1 {main} thrown in /home/larry/web/test/public_html/index2.php on line 23

I'd appreciate some help on this.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try

$stmt = $pdo->prepare("INSERT INTO 'download' ('IP_ADDRESS', 'FILENAME') VALUES (?, ?)");

Note the small change from ") to )")

Had to also remove single quotes around table and field names.

Thanks for your help

If you intend to use quotes arround field and table names in Mysql you must use backticks, not single or double quotes. However they are not required if table and field names are not same as Mysql keywords/reserved words which is your case anyway. See the list of Mysql keywords here: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/keywords.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.