Hi,

Im new to PHP but seem to be picking it up quite quickly, i have how ever come up against an issue which i cant seem to solve and i was wondering if someone out there could give me some pointers ;)

what i have done is setup a user details database (SQL) and with the search it might bring up a bounch of user names, i have made the USERNAME the link but what i need to do is pass the clicked on USERNAME to be carried to the next page as a variable, what i did was make the $Usernamelink = USERNAME but if there are more than 1 result from the search it just takes the 1st name in the result and makes the variable = to that and not the one the person actually clicks on :(

Any idea's ?

Thanks guys/gals
Aaron.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi,

Im new to PHP but seem to be picking it up quite quickly, i have how ever come up against an issue which i cant seem to solve and i was wondering if someone out there could give me some pointers ;)

what i have done is setup a user details database (SQL) and with the search it might bring up a bounch of user names, i have made the USERNAME the link but what i need to do is pass the clicked on USERNAME to be carried to the next page as a variable, what i did was make the $Usernamelink = USERNAME but if there are more than 1 result from the search it just takes the 1st name in the result and makes the variable = to that and not the one the person actually clicks on :(

Any idea's ?

Thanks guys/gals
Aaron.

I could help you, but I do not understand what you are trying to do?

You need to make the whole display a form and each username a select option to be passed

read the suggested tutorial

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.