I am having a problem when reading xls file. I dont want to upload the file on the server. I just want to read the file which the user is going to post.
Note: This file in not on the server and i want the file format as .xls (not .csv)
Using Request.BinaryRead(whatever may be the size of file) it gives me junk characters.
Please Help
Raghav

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

ASP is a server side scripting language, so your asp code will not process/work unless u send a command to the server.

This is how your desktop application is differentiated from your server side programming languages.

I am having a problem when reading xls file. I dont want to upload the file on the server. I just want to read the file which the user is going to post.
Note: This file in not on the server and i want the file format as .xls (not .csv)
Using Request.BinaryRead(whatever may be the size of file) it gives me junk characters.
Please Help
Raghav

i also have same problem may you got this answer
please give me also

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.