Hi Php gang!

Got an amature question and hope one of you can kindly help me:

(My tech guy is very sick and I need to have this up and running)

I have a php site and the address ends with something along the lines of : mysite/directory.php?cat=123

We have categories and people need to click on "view more" to open a mini-site.

Following my tech guys mess handwriting, I inserted the codes from my admin panel and clicked on "Add Site To Directory", which enabled me to add the site to the directory including one image and description with a "View More" link.

Now here is the problem: When I view it, the description comes up but no image, and the View More shows up but links to nothing (blank page).

I need to go back because I think I have a few extra tags that don't belong in the codes and modify this entry.

I don't know how to enter back in. The admin panel has no option to modify that entry.

Would anyone know?

Thank you so sooo soo much kindly for your help.

Cheers!

Diva aka new_girl.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

with out the code, it is impossible to know what kind o functionality your tech guy has added to this project. It sounds like your project is database driven, so you might be able to change the values from the DB. If this is only a temp sickness, you should probibly wait for him to recover and then move on. Otherwise, consider hiring a 3rd party to maintain your application.

Thank you,

I figured it out. I had to go into myphpadmin and access the sql database like you had suggested. I was able to edit the extra tags from there.

Thank you once again.

Cheers!

Diva

with out the code, it is impossible to know what kind o functionality your tech guy has added to this project. It sounds like your project is database driven, so you might be able to change the values from the DB. If this is only a temp sickness, you should probibly wait for him to recover and then move on. Otherwise, consider hiring a 3rd party to maintain your application.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.