Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 44: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile services for member sites.Line 45: -->Line 46: <authentication mode="Windows"/> Line 47: <!-- AUTHORIZATION Line 48: This section sets the authorization policies of the application. You can allow or deny access
What caused the error?Kindly help me out a solution for this....

WE TRIED OUT THE FOLLOWING...EVEN THAT DIDN'T WORK

Go to the control panel, to the IIS panel on the Web Server and open the default Web Site, find the folder for your application, right click it, choose properties and then in the screen that opens up, hit CREATE (a button). OK your changes and try again.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

if this is on a hosting package then I'd ask the host, however if you are running this on IIS on your local machine, then the site needs to be configured to allow windows authentication. You can do this on the Directory Security Tab then the top setting "Anonymous access and authentication" click edit, then at the bottom you'll see a checkbox for itegrated windows authentication (this needs to be checked)

We have tried the aforementioned point aswell.Yet not working

better post your config file as well so we can see the settings. It also depends on whether you are using VS2003 or 2005, by default VS2005 uses Cassini (file system) although you can override this and create sites like previously in VS2003, where VS automatically creates a virtual directory in the default web site in IIS for your web project. Rather than going through the myriad of problems people usually go through to set up a site manually, I'd try this option first, as if VS is unable to create the site (with the correct settings) for you then the problem likely lies elsewhere.

I could fix the problem..Thanks for the solution.I also required write permissions for folders on the server.i got it and now its working fine.

I need to know something on Output caching...
Could you please explain this with an example for me?(programmatically)??

Which lanuguage C#? is it whole pages, i.e. static content or dynamic pages?

ASP.NET 2.0 or 1.1?

In Asp.net 1.1,c#,for both static and dynamic pages

http://www.softsteel.co.uk/tutorials/AspNetCaching/index.html

theres a good article there.

For static pages you can set the output cache in page directive, for dynamic I'd use the application cache class and save your datatables etc. that you need for the dynamic pages. One important thing to remember is not to overdo it, as you will find items drop out of cache as memory gets low even if you set it with an absolute expiry. Think carefully about what will have minimum impact on the database.

always check that the cache item exists before casting it to its original type:

e.g.

if(Cache["MyCachedItem"] != null)
DataTable dt = (DataTable) Cache["MyCachedItem"]

that will save you worlds of pain!

Thank you, belated though

Kindly distinguish datalist,repeater and datagrid

I also want you to help me by distinguishing static class,static member,static method

Kindly explain sharepoint and scavenging in .net with examples

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.