Hi Everyone,

Just so you know where i am, I am a decent site builder but i need some help in the following areas as I have not had much experience here.

I wish to add a user review option to my ecommerce site. So that members can post opinions about the product and maybe give it a rating. What should I do and how should I go about it, as I also need to know how to allow members to the site!

My next problem is i need some help to work out how to allow users to upload there own photos to a page. I need the photos to be resized to a specific size and then get put into a table, so there are multiple photos in a table with all photos being the same size.

Alot to ask I know but your help would be greatly greatly appreciated as I can't find help anywhere that i've looked on the web.

Many Thanks,

Scott

Member Avatar for Rhyan

Hi Everyone,

Just so you know where i am, I am a decent site builder but i need some help in the following areas as I have not had much experience here.

I wish to add a user review option to my ecommerce site. So that members can post opinions about the product and maybe give it a rating. What should I do and how should I go about it, as I also need to know how to allow members to the site!

My next problem is i need some help to work out how to allow users to upload there own photos to a page. I need the photos to be resized to a specific size and then get put into a table, so there are multiple photos in a table with all photos being the same size.

Alot to ask I know but your help would be greatly greatly appreciated as I can't find help anywhere that i've looked on the web.

Many Thanks,

Scott

Hi, Scott,

You have to figure out the following:

1. Will you need a user login page or not before allowing users to post comments?
2. User photos - it can be done and it is not much of a problem. About resizing - you can make it in several ways. If you're familiar with PHP, go to php.net looking for "gd2" help. GD is a php library allowing images to be manipulated without affecting the original file. So you will be able to create thumbnails even without having the same file written in low res and high res on your server.
3. About photos and tables - I did not get it clear - is it an html table on the page, or it is a database table in a server?

If you answer the above, we can sort it out easier.

Cheers!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.