Hi
Firstly I would like to say a quick Hullo to everyone on this Forum and apologize for my first post being a cry for help, I am a very keen though non professional website designer with a very limited knowledge of PHP. Recently a pal took over the running of a motorbike racers charity website currently hosted here -

http://www.race-guard.org.uk/

The problem is that the site needs to be moved to a new host but after moving the site some of the links stop working (Home, Mission, Equipment etc.) I think the problem is the board was written in PHP4 and the new hosting uses PHP5. I have been on this problem for a week now without success, could anyone please give me some advice as to how and where I need to alter the code to make it compatible.
I have attached the index page as a zip file to this post.
Any help would be most gratefully accepted.
Gags :sad:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi, can you post a screenshot of what happens when you click on one of the links that don't work? so we could have a better understanding of what could be the problem.

Hi
I can't really post a screenshot as nothing happens when you click on a link apart from a very slight shudder as if something is about to happen but doesn't, if you know what I mean.
If you check on the website on the current hosting all links work fine it is only when the site is moved to the new site with PHP5 that the links stop functioning.
Cheers
Gags

I read the code you uploaded and I don't see any difference from the one that is working. Maybe there are files that you haven't copied to the new server that the old one has and is needed for the links to work. I really can't say what the problem is because the only php code in index.php is the part where the content is included. Try checking the files that are being included in that part of the code and maybe you will see the problem

Member Avatar for Rhyan

I saw some little thing in your code. Your content is being included basis a parameter supplied from the $_GET method. Look almost at the end of the page saying like this

<? 
   if (!$c) { $c="main"; }
   $c = "$c" . ".inc.php";
   include("$c");
  ?>

In php 5 you should specify that it is a php script, otherwise the parser will discard it.

Try this code and advise with the results.

<?php
   if (!$c) { $c="main"; }
   $c = "$c" . ".inc.php";
   include("$c");
  ?>

If you have an error in your code, the parser normally should show you the error.

Once you have tried this one, advise if it solved the problem.

Hi Rhyan
Thanks for the reply, I tried your altered code but unfortunately it didn't cure the problem. I honestly can't see why the damn thing won't work but as I have no idea who wrote the original script I am stuck
Thanks
Gags

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.