Whompyyyy 0 Newbie Poster

I happened upon this forum from google. I have been trying to make this work for days and have read many, many articles but can't find anything that I can seem to get to work.

I have installed IIS and it is running, I can type in my broswer ftp://localhost and see all my files.

However, from what I have read I need to use some kind of asp.net coding to make this page available to others.

I have MS Front Page, Ultra Edit 32 and MS Visual Studio (the free edition).

Everytime I try to write the code in FP and save it it tells me that file doesn't exist, well I thought that was what I was creating was that file.

In short, what I need to know is HOW in the heck to I set up IIS so that I have an ftp address to give to others? All the information I have read about IIS makes it seem so simple and all you have to do is install it and there....... you're ready for west coast to access east coast files using your ip address.

Do I in fact have to write a asp.net code and save it ??????? (where) so that someone can type in ftp.myname and get to my files? If so how do I write this code so that it directs it to my IIS server? And within this code would I not reference a site name instead of an ip address? I am using a Linksys Router but have opened ports to allow IIS to run.

I have read more articles in the last 2 days than I think I have read in my whole life. It seems so simple yet soooooooooo complicated.

Any instructions would be appreciated. The exact code and step by step instructions would be GREATLY appreciated. I have advanced computer skills but this one has really put me to the test and driving me nuts, guess I'm not very programably skilled. (is that a word? :confused: )

Thanks in advance for reading my post.