Hi,
Had same problem.

Same as above:
copy libmysql.dll
to windows system root system/ and system32/

I left my extention module path to be
php root ext/

though

That should mess with the activation of other modules then.

:)

try copying limysql.dll n php_mysql.dll to system32 n system n restart ur apache

Here's how i solve the prob :

php.ini
extension_dir = "c:\php"

copy php_mysql.dll from c:\php\ext to c:\php
copy libmysql.dll and php_mysql.dll from c:\php to %Systemroot%\system and %Systemroot%\system32

Restart Apache2

Few of thoses steps are facultative but that's what i did.

Enjoy!

thks make u r great .... i was trying this almost 3 week n after readin ur post i did in 5 mins u r genius buddy :cheesy:

Hi guys,

I am having the same problem as everyone else. I seemed to have copied the libMYSQL.dll file correctly, however when I restart Apache, I now get this error twice in a pop-up: "PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\php\php_mysql.dll' - The specific procedure could not be found."

Apache does successfully start and run after I click "OK" to accept those errors, but still I cannot get to the phpMyAdmin index page, which is what I want to do.

Does anyone know how I can fix this error?

EDIT It turns out I had copied and pasted extension_dir = "c:\php" like you guys mentioned before, but I guess it's case sensitive, cuz I changed it to "C:\PHP" and that made it work. :)

Once again though I am receiving more errors. Now I have: "phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server."

Exactly what values inside confic.inc do I have to modify, and what do I have to change them to?

For those who tried all the above, but still have no succes:

Open httpd.conf (the Apache configuration file) in a text editor and add the following line:

PHPIniDir "C:/php"

Replace 'C:/php' with the path to the directory where your php.ini file is residing.

Save the file and restart Apache.

This did the trick for me.

:cool: THANK YOU !
this one accully helped me out ! I was looking for an answer for DAYS !!!
I did the following:

Went to Httpd.conf and changed

PHPIniDir "C:/php"
PHPIniDir " C:\WINDOWS\php.ini "

you will get some errors but just press ok ok ok ...
and restarted the server
working with php5 apache2 and phpmyadmin 7xxx

thks make u r great .... i was trying this almost 3 week n after readin ur post i did in 5 mins u r genius buddy :cheesy:

Hi there guys, I am new to php and sql etc and am really trying to get somewhere...I am actually running a IIS server instead of apache. I am following the guidelines in some book, and got as far as "configuring phpMyAdmin" and it all went arse over tit!!! Literally. I can seem to create tables and delete table and all that jazz through command line, however when I try to view my phpmyadmin to work on table the message that all are talking about "Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation" just keeps coming up! I have tried everything that you guys have mentioned and I am totaly stuck.....some one please help me I just dont know what to do!

Running php5
mysql 4.1
IIS on Windows xp

Hello there,

I have tried everything, and I really don't know what the problem is. My phpMyAdmin page simply won't show up, I keep getting error: "Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration." I have tried everything, have been busy with it for like 5 hours!! I'm going to bed now, hope anybody can give me some additional advice.

One last note: I see now that there is no mysql section on my phpinfo page, does that mean anything? Am I missing anything? What do I need to do now?

I hope I will have an answer by tomorrow.

Thanks!

Marlon.

Here's how i solve the prob :
php.ini
extension_dir = "c:\php"
copy php_mysql.dll from c:\php\ext to c:\php
copy libmysql.dll and php_mysql.dll from c:\php to %Systemroot%\system and %Systemroot%\system32
Restart Apache2
Few of thoses steps are facultative but that's what i did.
Enjoy!

YOU ARE MY HERO MAN! I was surfing the net like 3 hours searching for a clue about this problem...

Many, many thx bro. Thanks for share.

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.