I hope you can help me with this because I am out of ideas...

I am trying to pass a structure into an Oracle procedure and have had no luck… does anyone know how to pass a complex data type into an Oracle database?

My idea was to pass in two structures, the first representing information the user submitted on a page, and the second, from the ColdFusion session describing who the user is. The procedure would then return a few variables describing what happened.

I could break the structures out into simple data types… but if I later decide to pass additional information from the CF session to Oracle, I will have to update every ColdFusion procedure call and every procedure on the database.

Any help or advice is much appreciated!

I am using ColdFusion 7 and Oracle 10g.

Thanks,
Dan

I never came up with a good solution for this... I ended up creating a wrapper Oracle procedure for CF to call receives each variable individually and then makes the appropriate calls. If you had to, perhaps you could send an XML file across as both Oracle and CF have built in tools to parse. At least this has the advantage of making it easier to track dependencies as I know exactly which procedures will be called from outside the database.

I am still interested in figuring this out if anyone has a suggestion.

Thanks,
Dan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.