Hi all,

I have obtain an error while making thumbnail images from the uploaded images. The error displays like as below

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted

Actually the size of uploaded image is 208kb.. but
it displayed the above error with memory size of neary 16mb.. Also i checked in server details also ... The memory limit in server is 16MB. i have confused why the error happened eventhough the memory limit is 16MB in server while uploading a just 208kb picture. kindly anyone suggest your solution for this...

Thanku...

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You aren't just using the one image. That is your total memory for everything the server has for you.

Hint: Check if it is keeping an undo history and old versions of your files for you.

Hi All,
When I create thumbnail in php. While it was processing, it showed message as the following:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted

Please, help me as soon as possible. Please explain clearly.

Thanks, in advance.

Hi! I have the same error as you have. Now, could you deal with this problem yet? If you could, could you tell me how to deal with this problem?

Please, reply me as fast as possible.

Thanks, in advance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.