Hi
I have a problem with a site I am doing. I am writing an email address as a session variable and on my dev machine (windows XP running EasyPHP) I am having no problems calling up user information based on this. BUT when I put it on the live server (Dont know what OS etc) The information is not being retrieved. I am NOT a PHP guru! WHAT CAN THE ISSUE BE PLEASE!! Any help would be appreciated.

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by SStedman

I would guess that the Session variable hasn't been configured on the server. But it's just a guess.

It is, when the user logs in, I write their mail address in using the session name: as in welcome WhoEver. but when I try and use this to retrieve any data from the MySql DB the hidden fields I am using and trying to write the Session to are blank!?

My suggestion is to give up on the php session variables.

Just create a sessions table in your database and then store the key to this session in a cookie or in a form variable.

This way when your system grows and you end up in a load balanced web farm, you will still have this centralized session concept.

This will also eliminate any configuration issues around php sessions variables.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.