Hi,

On a rollover I am looking to change an image AND have a sound play. I was hoping to do this with javascript. The image is done but the sound - I have been looking into it (sound with javascript) and it seems like this is a thing of the past - and is difficult to do cross browser etc. Anyone have any info on whether this is possible, or how difficult it would be? I was hoping to do this without flash, but will use it if no other options present themselves.

Thanks for you help,

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by hoogi

Thanks for the link, it describes how to do it for IE and netscape, but doesnt work in firefox, which is my target browser...
???

Is there a way to do it which is browser independent and does not open another window? I just want a momentary sound like the windows navigation sounds.

hey,

check this out - free, open source, cross browser: http://code.google.com/p/swfsound

it can preload mp3 and you can trigger it from javascript. play/loop/stop works of course. also panning and setting volume.

hope this helps,
hoogi

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.