Alright, this one has me stuck. I know it's possible, because I've seen an example in another thread, but mine is slightly different, and I can't figure it out.

Ok, I have one script that pulls all the rows from a database, and displays the data using a while loop. It displays that data in forms, so the user can change it, and hit a submit button.

I need that form to be able to update any rows that the user changes on it. (or all of them even if they haven't changed, that's probably easier.)

How do I pull the entries from each of the rows to update all those rows with the new data?

Here is a thread that is accomplishing what I'm trying to do, but it's so long and complicated, I can't make sense of it: http://www.daniweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35096&highlight=form+in+while+loop

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Sorry,but the link does not exist..

Sorry, try this one.

And like I said, the one in that post is way more than I'm trying to do, but it addresses the same problem I'm having. In the simplest form, I've got something like this:

<?
echo "<table>
<tr>
<th>Column1</th>
<th>Column2</th>
<th>Column3</th>
</tr>
<form method='post' action='myform.php'>";
$query = "SELECT * FROM mytable";  
$result = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
$id=$row['id'];
$mynum=$row['mynum'];
echo "<tr>
<td>Value 1</td>
<td>Value 2</td>
<td><input type='text' name=total$id value='$mynum'></td>
</tr>";
}
echo "<tr><td><input type='submit' name='submit' value='Submit'></form></td></tr></table>";
?>

So I basically need to know how to pass the array of variables that this table produces from the form input field named "total$id" on to the form script, so that it can process all those values.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.