yeah i had little experience so far on working in visual studio2005.now unlike the other projects dealt with so far, the current one is not getting the break points hit.so debugging to trace the error is a problem.any clues?someone respond !!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Check you have debug mode compiled, and that your logic means those points are actually hittable.

You could also set the breakpoint at the beginning and step through everything if you can't find that - it will be a pain if you're program is huge but if you're in debug mode then they probably are not being hit because you're not getting to that point in the code.

You could also set the breakpoint at the beginning and step through everything if you can't find that - it will be a pain if you're program is huge but if you're in debug mode then they probably are not being hit because you're not getting to that point in the code.

No men the route is being followed, which i m absolutely sure about.In fact i placed it at the Page_load section but the every time i run the project even in debug mode, the red ball turns into a ring, message is:No symbols have been loaded.There is sum Pdb stuff to deal with.I need
someone to elaborate

Then you arent compiling in debug mode. Check the project properties (in case you hid the toolbar at the top)

Now lets be more specific .can anybody tell me where are the pdb files created.
details:Vs 2005
project:website
debug mode:On
Breakpoints not getting hit.
error message:symbols cannot be loaded.

I m not able to find the pdb files.Please guide...

They would be in your project\bin\Debug directory along with the exe

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.