Member Avatar for LastMitch

Hi

I want to know has anyone used PEAR or htmLawed?

PEAR:

http://pear.php.net/

htmLawed:

http://www.bioinformatics.org/phplabware/internal_utilities/htmLawed/index.php

I download the both files (PEAR & htmLawed)

For htmLawed it's looks very simple to used but not sure how I can adapted to the websites?

As for PEAR I finally got it installed! There's alot of stuff on PEAR I haven't got a chance of playing around with certain package yet. Pretty soon I will.

I appreciate any suggestions or opinions on PEAR or htmLawed. Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

PEAR is very nice to work with, you just have to make sure you use recent packages. Some of them haven't been updated in quite a while. It's best to avoid those.

@pritaeas

Thanks for the reply. Thanks for your opinion and suggestion. I will avoid those packages that hasn't been update for a while. Thanks!

I have used PEAR before, but i though it was being replaced by another version. I cannot remember the name of the darn thing. think it was phasr or something like that

Another vote for PEAR. Simple and straight forward.

@Squidge

Thanks for the reply!

i though it was being replaced by another version

not sure what are you talking about.

@ryantroop

Thanks for the reply!

Another vote for PEAR. Simple and straight forward.

I haven't test out some package yet but I hope it is simple and straight forward like you mention.

As pritaeas mentioned some packages havent been maintained for a while. But you will find side branches ofpackages which are being maintained out side of PEAR.net. This can be easily added to your repo

I use PEAR now and then. Mostly I use MDB2 package for abstraction of access to a database which I thimk is a pretty good collection of code and (hopefully) enable you to switch to another supported database without much changes to your code. Another package I use is Pager which is excellent for pagging database results. Periodically there might be some issues with packages not following tightly the changes in PHP.

@Squidge

Thanks for explanation.

@broj1

Thanks for the reply and some other similiar packages.

Mostly I use MDB2 package for abstraction of access to a database

-

Another package I use is Pager which is excellent for pagging database results

Thanks for mentioning these 2 packages (MDB2, Pager) that you used often. I will definitely look into those. Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.