Hi
I am designing my first musicians website and need to find out what media player or players I can install on the website so that visitors can hear the musician's music and also vidoes. Long Tail video's JW payers seem like a solution but I don't anything about these. Has anyone any suggestions :)

geoff

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Thanks Peter :)

If you can I would convert the videos to .flv format. If you are stick with .mov, .wmv, or .avi formats then use the embed code for Quicktime or WMP (Windows Media Player).

If you can I would convert the videos to .flv format. If you are stick with .mov, .wmv, or .avi formats then use the embed code for Quicktime or WMP (Windows Media Player).

Thanks Reliable,
I have the videos in .mov and the audio in .wav format. I should be able to convert the video to .flv format as I can afford to buy additional software if necessary. The .mov recordings do look good in the Quicktime player. And are created by my digital camera but I could shoot new location video in digital and then convert it, if that would be better.

When it comes to multimedia presentation Flash is the often the best choice. If you converted your movie to .flv, and either embedded that in a flash movie or streamed it into your flash player and embedded that in your website that would probably work best for you. If you don't already have Flash I would not spend the money if this is one time shot. Just get the embed code for Quicktime since your video is in .mov and put it on your website. If however, you are going to make constant use of it, Flash is a wise investment.

When it comes to multimedia presentation Flash is the often the best choice. If you converted your movie to .flv, and either embedded that in a flash movie or streamed it into your flash player and embedded that in your website that would probably work best for you. If you don't already have Flash I would not spend the money if this is one time shot. Just get the embed code for Quicktime since your video is in .mov and put it on your website. If however, you are going to make constant use of it, Flash is a wise investment.

Thanks Reliable that's very useful information. :)

mov is OK, you don't need to convert it to other format. As for me, I use Moyea Web Player, which also supports mov playing on website. It is a good flash video player creator. You can try it.

mov is OK, you don't need to convert it to other format. As for me, I use Moyea Web Player, which also supports mov playing on website. It is a good flash video player creator. You can try it.

Thanks for that advice dream party. I have bought Adobe CS3 Design Premium which has the Flash program for just over 250GBP. So I'll just have to learn how to use it :)

Geoff

Thanks Bastek

Interesting product rather expensive though. At present I haven't progressed to learning to use Flash but I am uploading video to youtube and embedding on my websites.

I have yet to come to grips with understanding what I get from buying one of the products on offer. I also bought an HTML template that enables video and aural recordings to be played and bought via a Paypal account. This might be the solution for me.

Geoff

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.