Hello! I'm just beginning to use Adobe Flash - in fact, I only started a few hours ago - so, I'm still learning the basics and am still tripping my own feet trying to understand how to script when all I want to do is make a flash comic. I'm trying to loop a few frames over and over again, until either a button that takes the reader to the next frame or another button that takes the reader to the previous frame is pressed. I want the looped frames (frames 2-21, to be specific) to loop for an infinite number of times, but I'm not sure if that's even possible with cs5. Haha.

I'm using the following code:

while (x<100) {
 2;

movieClip_1.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToNextFrame);

function fl_ClickToGoToNextFrame(event:MouseEvent):void
{
    nextFrame();

movieClip_2.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToPreviousFrame);

function fl_ClickToGoToPreviousFrame(event:MouseEvent):void
{
    prevFrame();

}
}

stop();

}

And I'm getting the following error:

Error: Error #1502: A script has executed for longer than the default timeout period of 15 seconds.
    at Part1_fla::MainTimeline/frame21()

Thank you for taking the time to read this! My scripting is probably horrible, but please have mercy on me. XD

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

No need of any code to utilize the frame from 2 to 21 for an continuous loop.

Create a new layer. Name it actions.

on 21st frame add a keyframe at the layer of actions and add gotoAndPlay(2);

Hence, when the frame reachest 21 the actions again repeat the frame from 2. Thats it!

No need of any code to utilize the frame from 2 to 21 for an continuous loop.

Create a new layer. Name it actions.

on 21st frame add a keyframe at the layer of actions and add gotoAndPlay(2);

Hence, when the frame reachest 21 the actions again repeat the frame from 2. Thats it!

Thank you so much! That fixed it perfectly!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.