There was a close call tonight! We almost lost most of our entire database! Luckily (after a few hours on edge) I was able to restore a back-up of a MySQL dump.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

gladdddd to hear that u were able to reload th back-up, but i have to ask - is the new layout due to the back-up, or is it simply a new layout? didnt see any posts aluding to another site redo...

Nope, the new layout wasn't due to the back-up. I was just anxious to try a portal layout and the newest version of YAPP portal system (based on the YaBB boards I use) was just released.

In fact, losing all of the messages had nothing to do with the portal layout at all. What had happened was I was tinkering around in the admin center and accidently clicked on "Delete all posts older than 30 days" !!

If you're anxious for reasons why I upgraded, visit the New Portal set up thread here

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.