I just wanted to point out that from what I've noticed there is no way to navigate back to your current forum topic listing after the last post in a topic (something like the breadcrumb listing at the top). I don't really see any navigation there at all. It just doesn't seem very user friendly in that sense. Otherwise I love the website. :)

Thanks for the great community!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I'm afraid your question is a little confusing...

Are you referring to the page with the "Welcome Back...", "Recently Updated...", and "New Threads..." headings?

If so, all you have to do is click on the DaniWeb logo in the top left.

Or do you mean going (for example) from within a thread in the C++ forum back to the C++ thread list?

If that's the case, all you have to do is click on the portion of the "breadcrumb listing" that you want to go back to.

Nope. What I'm referring to is when you are reading a discussion, and you get to the last post in that discussion, you need to then scroll all the way back to the top to navigate back to the topic listing or forum listing. Usually when you get to the bottom there are links there to allow you to navigate away from that page. Here there are none.

it's not that big of an issue, just not quite as user friendly as it could be IMHO.

Ohh.....so you want the breadcrumb duplicated at the bottom of the page?

That's actually a pretty good idea. I've noticed that too now that you mention it, never really thought about it much though.

> you need to then scroll all the way back to the top

Pressing the HOME key works wonders IMO. :-)

commented: hohoho like it +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.