Now it seems to work fine, at least for me. I tested the short reply box, new thread & the codemirror link. Thank you Dani!

It looks like the cause was the Chrome/webkit-specific CSS property

body { text-rendering: optimizeLegibility; }

Now that we got Problem 2 (as defined by the OP) resolved, on to Problems 1 and 3. Cereal and Mike, still experiencing those issues?

Problem 3 seems to have been solved too! At least, as far as I can see from testing it just now. I'll let you know if it resurfaces.

I've not experienced any cursor jumping today, so fingers crossed.

Now that we got Problem 2 (as defined by the OP) resolved, on to Problems 1 and 3. Cereal and Mike, still experiencing those issues?

Problems 1 and 3 are solved for me :)

I'm getting unusual behaviour in the edit window. As I type, the edit window automatically grows, however, when it grows large enough for a scroll bar to appear, the control does not auto-scroll to keep what I am typing visible. I have to keep manually scrolling to keep the new text on-screen.

Every now and then I'm experiencing a rather alternating result when using the quote function. My ctrl-c's on that thread will be remembered and pasted (along with any selected text which is to be expected) all in one quote. Leading to something like this:

2015-01-07--1420647505_746x412_scrot.png

Where only the bottom (non quoted) part will be pasted on a regular ctrl-v. I noticed a double ctrl-c does not produce that result, unless the text is re-selected and copied again. However, after a quote action the ctrl-c memory seems purged which almost makes it look like it was intended behaviour. If so, it's just going to need some getting used to on my part I suppose. After a ctrl-c I often tend to change my mind and go for a smaller selection instead which would also serve the same purpose.

I don't remember this happening before a few weeks ago, but I'm often away for longer periods so it could have been like this for a while and I just missed the update on it.

On an unrelated note, as I'm watching the preview for this post to check for errors I'm getting some residual formatting:

2015-01-07--1420650502_773x424_scrot.png

Loving the attachment option by the way.

I'm currently working on the spellcheck thing but the problem is I'm terrible at Regex. I've implemented a temporary fix.

I think you're getting confused because the way our system works, you can just highlight portions of a post (no Ctrl+C required), and then click the Quote button to insert everything you highlighted since the last time you clicked the Quote button.

That's why when you highlight something, a little popup message fades in and out really quickly saying "Insert with Quote Editor Button".

Ah that makes sense since I would have to highlight something before copying it, making it seem to me as if it was quoting all the copied texts while it was actually quoting all the highlighted texts. Thanks.

Rev Jim said:

As I type, the edit window automatically grows, however, when it grows large enough for a scroll bar to appear, the control does not auto-scroll to keep what I am typing visible.

Sounds like Problem 3 was not solved after all. I haven't had that problem since the fix of problem 2, but I guess it's back. Is this reported behavior recently occurring Jim? Because for me, this issue disappeared with the fix to problem 2 a few days ago.

I only noticed it for the first time yesterday. And, by the way, Joyeux Noel to all in the great land of Quebec.

Autosizing of textarea is too troublesome.

I can't reproduce this problem. However, it's late right now. I'll investigate tomorrow.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.