In your last post you said "the page is irresponsive while loading" so I took that to mean that once it loads, it's fine, with no actual error messages popping up.

yes. Once I wait till the page loads, that dialog box doesn't pop up. The dialog box pops up only if I try to scroll a web page up or down before it finishes loading in Firefox.

PS.

Nope. Looks like scrolling doesn't have an effect. Just waiting for the page to load gives the error in Firefox.

What happens if you hit F5 to do a hard refresh on the page?

Confirmation this only happens on thread pages?

F5 yields the same results. From what I have seen, the last page of a thread loads fine. All the other pages give the error while loading.

Ok. I am out for the Golden Week. Will be back tomorrow midnight. Hope someone else helps you out with the testing. See ya. :)

commented: "This is for bad repping someone i know" What goes around, comes around. -1

I still get the 3 second delay or so between loading pages.. I have tried IE, firefox, and Opera, and the problem appears to persist in all. You've just got to wait 3-5 seconds for the page to load. However, I have not had any errors other than a couple of firefox crashes.

Same here, it hasn't changed from yesterday.

Here's what's happening for me with FireFox 2.
Setup:
Three windows open:
A) This thread with post #68 at top of window, looking at Josh's non-smiling face...
B) Wikipedia page that take a lot of scrolling to get from the top to bottom (War of the Worlds to be precise)
C) Date and Time system window, watching the clock.

Test:
Refresh window A. Immediately switch to window B and start scrolling.

Results:
Refresh starts at top of page.
At 9 seconds the page jumps to post #68
For 5 seconds, Firefox is locked and unresponsive. Scrolling stops.
About 16 second total refresh.

Retest with Opera:
8 second refresh, no lockup.

Retest with IE:
At 7 seconds the page jumps to post #68
At 15 seconds, IE is locked and unresponsive for 1 second. Scrolling stops.
Total refresh, about 18 seconds

Retest with Netscape 7.2:
Refresh starts at top of page.
At 8 seconds the page jumps to post #68
For 4 seconds, NS is locked and unresponsive. Scrolling stops.
About 14 second total refresh.

The culprit is the jquery.corner.js script that converts the square corners of the DIV elements into curved corners. If you block that script, the problem will go away. WHY that script crashes your system and not, well, mine, for example, is another question entirely.

Note: the silver drop-down menus won't work either if you block the script, but at least there are alternate navigation paths.

wow.. It goes much faster when javascript is disabled! There is no delay at all, and if possible.. the pages load faster than they did before the update (or maybe thats based on the slowness of the last couple of days)

I highly suggest not disabling JavaScript. It can have unforeseen consequences and break other features on the site such as quick reply, etc.

And it's definitely not your imagination that the pages load faster than they did before the update. That was the whole purpose of the style change.

A script is running on the page which stops me from scrolling. I think it is with the Global Spec ad, since it does it only when that ad is present.

A script is running on the page which stops me from scrolling. I think it is with the Global Spec ad, since it does it only when that ad is present.

I've tested this on a few pages and on my browser it seems to always be displaying 'Transferring data from 'www.google-analytics.com'" on the status bar.

This may be the problem area.

I used to have this problem. My statusbar would say done, but I couldn't scroll. The problem disappeared a week ago. I still see the globalspec add, so I don't think that's the problem.

Niek

Please read my previous post in this thread.

Please read my previous post in this thread.

Missed that one, but it appears you are right. The silver-dropdown menu's stopped working for me when the problem with loadingtime disappeared.

Niek

I highly suggest not disabling JavaScript. It can have unforeseen consequences and break other features on the site such as quick reply, etc.

Yes, I have noticed that smilies don't work and I have to use html tags for font changes and line breaks when javascript is disabled (or maybe this has happened for everyone else too?) But, leaving javascript on is too much of annoyance b/c pages take forever to load.. are the admins close to discovering a solution?

Yes ive notived that sometimes in IE6 in the bottom left where it says Done or Loading etc.... it sometimes says Error in Page

I don't see any ads in my control panel since the change.

My latest error is:

Firefox can't find the server doubleclick.com.

That is totally unrelated from the site redesign though.

Looks like disabling the corner script cut the freeze down to 2-3 seconds for me.

From how long?

5 seconds.

It's quite annoying, actually. Especially when I open multiple threads at once as I usually do.

I made a loevely WMV of it but its too big to atatch :(

Put it in a zip file. You can upload zip files of any size.

ok will do later as im away from my pc atm

Yay, why that green colour for software development?
Also I do mis option to mark all posts as read in the section...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.