Complaining about currency movements.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7501486.stm

Not caring about what actually drives the production of the vast amount of money they get.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7510862.stm

"That was despite receiving a single anonymous donation of $14.3m"
Face it, saving a few pennies in a cookie jar every day just isn't going to get you there. That kind of dough only comes about because of the very reason he's carping on about.

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

[Anti-pope comments deleted]
Nothing to see here...
move along

Ironically, the Pope also said in Austrailia

"Our world has grown weary of greed, exploitation and division, of the tedium of false idols and piecemeal responses, and the pain of false promises," he told the crowd.

On the one had he complains about the falling US dollar, but denounces money as false idols.

The Pope is the closest human to God.

The pope can be considered partly responsible for the spread of aids in the 3rd world.

commented: And the continual spread of ignorance as well. +20

I think the new Pope is quite hip! Let's support the poor fellow with your tax deductible donation!

I think the new Pope is quite hip! Let's support the poor fellow with your tax deductible donation!

In Spain the working people are obligated by the state to contributed to the Roman Catholic Church whether they want or not. This is accomplished via income tax, but is not deductible. In fact, many even don't know that some of their money goes to the archives of the Catholic Church.

In Spain the working people are obligated by the state to contributed to the Roman Catholic Church whether they want or not. This is accomplished via income tax, but is not deductible. In fact, many even don't know that some of their money goes to the archives of the Catholic Church.

That cuts out all the cheating!

"Our world has grown weary of greed, exploitation and division, of the tedium of false idols and piecemeal responses, and the pain of false promises," he told the crowd.

So he's saying the world has grown weary of the church?

I think people have drifted away from religion, because of all the reports (theft, sexual abuse, ect...). As a matter of fact, there was a report recently about some churches being sold / converted for other purposes.

I think people have drifted away from religion, because of all the reports (theft, sexual abuse, ect...). As a matter of fact, there was a report recently about some churches being sold / converted for other purposes.

What other purposes would you do in a church?

One of our neighborhood churches was converted into a dance studio.

Was it a Baptist church?
:twisted:

commented: hehe +3

Does the Pope really wear red shoes?

Speaking of taxes, check this out.
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2935937.html

The real money worshipers are Congressmen, who keep stealing more of our money for their nefarious purposes. That's why nobody has enough left to give to the church.

The real money worshipers are Congressmen, who keep stealing more of our money for their nefarious purposes. That's why nobody has enough left to give to the church.

It's the Congress and their greedy supporters that keep deflating the Dollar, making your pious contributions worth less and less.

the main prophet for profit is the current prophet of Doom: Al Gore.
There's also a messiah for profit: Obama.

Man, you should visit London for excursion on church conversions...
I know at least 10 in my closes area

Ever listen to the full version of Alice's Restaurant -- if you party in the belfry, you can sweep an incredible amount of garbage down the hole. Was (er still is) an Arlo Guthry song that goes on to him getting his draft notice. It is another hoot

Man, you should visit London for excursion on church conversions...
I know at least 10 in my closes area

I know people have turned some of the smaller churches into interesting homes for themselves.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.