http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/09/19/microsofts-im-a-pc-ads-created-on-macs/

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9115120&intsrc=hm_list

UPDATE: Microsoft issued the following statement on the matter:

As is common in almost all campaign workflow, agencies and production houses use a wide variety of software and hardware to create, edit and distribute content, including both Macs and PCs.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Well really macs ARE 'PC's!! (Personal Computer)

Creative people use Macs.

Creative people use Macs.

Creative people use whatever tool best suits their needs.

Really creative people can use whatever tools are at hand.

Macs don't really have a substantive advantage over Wintel machines for the graphic artist any more.

No, but the ones who want to be perceived as 'creative' use Macs.

I use a Mac. That makes me an artist!

No, but the ones who want to be perceived as 'creative' use Macs.

I use a Mac. That makes me an artist!

I knew you were an artist just from your avatar.

you would think that using adobe in windows would have been the smart move. The problem with that is the word "smart"

i have never tried to use a mac because i have never needed to. they "look" good but i hear they are based on specific hardware and that upgrades/changes are not possible.

i have never tried to use a mac because i have never needed to. they "look" good but i hear they are based on specific hardware and that upgrades/changes are not possible.

In my (admittedly short) experience with Mac, I find them to be well engineered, almost beautiful on the inside, compared to run of the mill Wintel boxes. But they are not for the guy that likes to tinker, either with the hardware or, for that matter, the software. I find OS X less configurable than Windows, and even applications don't seem to give me the configurability options of Windows apps. (Of course, MS's new Ribbon interface evens that up - not much you modify there.)

That also speaks to the purported reliability of OS X, in that it doesn't have to support a virtually infinite set of hardware combinations, nor maintain the ability to run every program ever written for any flavor of Apple.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.