Have the water in some sort of container and hold the container above his/her head.

Bonzoi is too cleaver!

OK, Who dunnit?

A husband is murdered on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

The police questioned the wife and staff and got these alibis:
The Wife said she was sleeping.
The Cook was cooking breakfast.
The Gardener was picking vegetables.
The Maid was getting the mail.
The Butler was cleaning the closet.

The Maid. There is no mail on Sunday

Ha, wrong this time, she could get the mail from the mailbox on Sunday, if she forgot to get it the previous day, a simple explanation to fetch it on a Sunday. Look again.

You've put a twist on a riddle I've heard before.

It's the cook. He wouldn't be cooking breakfast in the afternoon.

Yeah, you got it, the cook is busy with breakfast in the afternoon.

You pour 2 jugs of water into a barrel together, 5 minutes later you realize one of them contained a poison so you hurry back and remove the poisoned water leaving one jugful of clean safe water in the barrel. How is this possible?

That's one I haven't heard before.

I don't know...

blindmelon: Time. At least that's what Bilbo said to Gollum.

What have I got in my pocket?

(Yes, I know this isn't a real riddle but someone might get a kick out of it)

Agilemind: At first I was going to say that the jugs were not emptied but simply stored in the barrel but you used the word "pour" so I don't know. Anyway, I'm actually quite bad at figuring out riddles.

A cowboy rids into town on Friday. He stays two nights, then rides out of town on Friday. How?

The horse is called Friday.

You pour 2 jugs of water into a barrel together, 5 minutes later you realize one of them contained a poison so you hurry back and remove the poisoned water leaving one jugful of clean safe water in the barrel. How is this possible?

I pour 2 jugs of water into a barrel together. I placed the 2 jugs into the barrel together to each other?, and poured the water into it? Then I removed the one?

I pour 2 jugs of water into a barrel together. I placed the 2 jugs into the barrel together to each other?, and poured the water into it? Then I removed the one?

Close but not quite. There is nothing in the barrel except the water.
Hint: think Temperature.

Close but not quite. There is nothing in the barrel except the water.
Hint: think Temperature.

Okay, then one of the jugs had ice, the other liqued, so it can be seperated before the ice melts? (But then again, ice is not always water)

Okay, then one of the jugs had ice, the other liqued, so it can be seperated before the ice melts? (But then again, ice is not always water)

Yes. one or both of the jugs is frozen.

How can you be inside a pool of water, where others and you can see that you are inside the pool of water, but you don't get wet!

You're in a submarine.

You're in a submarine.

No, I'm not inside anything, except inside the water

you're on an island?

no, when you look at me, you can clearly see me inside the water itself, you can see the water touches me, make me part of the water. ( these were tips)

You're reflection!

You're reflection!

You got it!

What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?

A river?

Yes.

There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word - from nine letters right down to a single letter. What is the original word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?

i
in
sin
sing
sting
string
staring
starting
startling

Enter your current age into the calculator
Multiply by 2
Add 5
Multiply by 50
Subtract 365
Add the number of children you have (0 if you have no kids)
Add 115
The first two digits of the result should be your age and the last two digits should be the number of kids you have.

----
x = age
y = kids

x * 100 + y

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.