Doesn't doing IT for a living, make you fall asleep. Waiting for things to install, load, compile, extract. etc. So much time just to relax, the easy life.

Recommended Answers

All 27 Replies

So much time just to relax, the easy life.

Clearly you've never worked in IT before. ;)

commented: Tell him. +0

That's amusing considering I'm at work right now, working in IT.. lol

I have so much free time...

Does that job pays you enough ?

Apprenticeship. Petty cash really. But it's hourly. so I'm happy just relaxing :)

Does posting in daniweb consider working in IT. One thing is that i have no pay!! Maybe that's having a kind heart and helping others and expect nothing in return.

Well.. If your a moderator, or team colleuge sure it counts as working in IT. Simply helping out on a forum though i wouldn't consider work unless it was full time. for me it's just a hobby

I would consider making 2201 posts in 2 months an obsession or something more malicious. (i.e spammer or very lonely person)

commented: Good guess but wrong +0

I have nothing better to do so i spent half my time here either helping others or spamming away in posting games.

Apprenticeship. Petty cash really. But it's hourly. so I'm happy just relaxing :)

ah, an intern. Not trusted with the time critical stuff, just given some make-work jobs to keep him from bothering the people doing the actual work with questions that take time to answer.

commented: agree :) +0

ah, an intern. Not trusted with the time critical stuff, just given some make-work jobs to keep him from bothering the people doing the actual work with questions that take time to answer.

hahaha, In the begging that was the case. i Have been working for nearly two years now. I'm given jobs in equal difficulty to that of my boss. But there are gaps as there are only about 100 workers using computers.

All Apprenticeship jobs are like that only.

Maybe in Indonesia or where ever you come from. In a small country town in Australia, I am in charge of Administration on days the other IT guys are not available.

Maybe in Indonesia or where ever you come from. In a small country town in Australia, I am in charge of Administration on days the other IT guys are not available.

So you better pray that they fall sick often and remain at home. This way you take over their job. Right?;)

Yes, that's what school kids do.

commented: touché +0
commented: I agree to some extent. Although how can you say this if you have no idea about the kids ability. Ingnorant aint ya. +0

funny thread. the only way i get any 'relax' time is if i tell them i am busy and piss around. 100 users with computers should keep you pretty busy unless they all actually know what they are doing with a computer.

Member Avatar for iret

I have so much free time...

Be careful.. Such statements are like Wile E. Coyote running off the edge of a cliff, looking down, then remembering that there's only one place to go ;P

There is usually people ringing up, but it's usually simple, easy problems to solve, taking no time at all. People have reports flying into HELPDESK quite often and reports crash etc. But when there are no problems it's updating things Like spice-works and our website. Which is pretty much just relaxing.

Sounds fun

commented: Sarcasim? lol. Well i do enjoy the physical components. +0

hahaha, In the begging that was the case. i Have been working for nearly two years now. I'm given jobs in equal difficulty to that of my boss. But there are gaps as there are only about 100 workers using computers.

so you've been promoted to where you can do no harm, to a job similar to that of the boss :)

......I am in charge of Administration on days the other IT guys are not available.

Is it that you work on weekends only when no one works and no one is available :?:

No, we are closed on the weekend. I'm saying, when the other IT guys are out of the office. I'm in charge so all calls, queries etc get redirected to me.

I'm in charge...

you misunderstood that :D

Now you just trying to hurt his feelings! :')

Does being a software engineer make your job an IT job?

Member Avatar for iret

Does being a software engineer make your job an IT job?

The more corporate and internal the software, the more so. Generally any software developer working in a company that has an IT staff, is IT.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.