Some of these a re built for purpose and am sure it was never the purpose of any of the authors to take complete control of anyone's life and if it was, they is not achievable. We control our own time and as such, control our destiny. It depends on the individual

How wrong you are!

??
Step 1. Machine controls the human brain (radio waves or something).
Step 2. Computer doesn't allow the human's brain to control his time.
?? PROFIT ??

How wrong you are!

??
Step 1. Machine controls the human brain (radio waves or something).
Step 2. Computer doesn't allow the human's brain to control his time.
?? PROFIT ??

Well, that's because the human liad down his brain for the doctor to pass the waves or whatever through it
The human's brain allowed computer to take his time by deciding he wanted to be with the computer not that he was forced by the computer.

Now, how about that?;)

Well, that's because the human liad down his brain for the doctor to pass the waves or whatever through it
The human's brain allowed computer to take his time by deciding he wanted to be with the computer not that he was forced by the computer.

Now, how about that?;)

BS, never had a chance, enslaved as a child & the machine does it remotely (radio waves).

BS, never had a chance, enslaved as a child & the machine does it remotely (radio waves).

Does what remotely?

I could never quit facebook. So many friends....lost....

I'll fully quit FB once Google + gets further along, other than I find myself on it more than FB anyway

Google Plus is kinda confusing right now but I think sooner or later, it will replace the facebook.

I'll fully quit FB once Google + gets further along, other than I find myself on it more than FB anyway

no, it really doesn't inspire me to quit facebook... not that I use it too often anyway

the FB chat "improvements" and the crappy privacy controls are what turns me off the most.

in particular:

anyone can add you to a group without your consent. this should be opt-in!!!

anyone can tag you in photos.... again should be with your consent.

too many "friends" have tagged me in so many photos and it's very annoying!

Oddly enough, I have switched back to using FB more than Twitter. The 140 character limit is just too restrictive and I found most of my family/friends were using FB. Google+ is doing a good job of trying to clone FB, but failing as while many of my social network are there, few are participating. FB is, for now, too big and has too much social and cultural momentum to be troubled by anyone else it seems.

I have switched back to using FB more than Twitter.

Happens to everyone without your knowing

The 140 character limit is just too restrictive and I found most of my family/friends were using FB.

Facebook really thought of the future and did good analysis of systems that existed before it

Google+ is doing a good job of trying to clone FB, but failing as while many of my social network are there, few are participating. FB is, for now, too big and has too much social and cultural momentum to be troubled by anyone else it seems.

There is a time and season for everything/everyone. MySpace did its time just as hi5, twitter and others. Google+ is coming just too early as facebook has not finished its serving time in the prison of fame

FB once a good social networking for me... later then to now, not anymore when my friends request was ban for almost a month and most games tends to DC on me... Now I just surf FB for not-so-many new wall post but didn't took more than 1 hour for it.

Twitter is pretty much the same as FB but I think is much less addicted than FB. You just follow people you think it's interesting and some follows you for a reason. there're no games in Twit, just a tiny social network site...

It's fine to stay with Facebook but definitely stay away from FB games and such. They're the main reason of many people got addicted to FB.

honestly learn some self control, it's not that hard. I've trained myself to only use it at home, and only when I have some free time, not every single freaking minute of every day, and even then I browse around for maybe 10 minutes tops. It's great tool to keep in touch with people who live far or out of the country. I rarely use it to talk to my friends who live close. That's what phones and real life are for. But seriously, learn some self control!

Most people can't train themselves to saty away from facebook because it comes with everyday single smartphone and other gadgets. So the more you use these thechnologies, the more you see facebook and keep logging in

I have the facebook app on my phone. When I go to work, I turn it off. problem solved.

I have the facebook app on my phone. When I go to work, I turn it off. problem solved.

how many people do that and for those that do it, how often do they?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.