She should have said yes, yes, yes...

:(

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

maybe she should have said "no, no, no" to all those drugs dealers...

Nothing personal, but I won't miss her. The world's a cleaner place with every druggie that takes an od.

The world would be better without sanctimonious a-holes as well, but that's unlikely to happen either...

What was that about casting the first stone?

Arf :)

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Personally, I didn't care much for her music or her style. She irritated me at best.

But what really is a shame is the loss of such a young life, under such tragic circumstances.

You see it everyday. "Talented young artist dies in a drug overdose." These people have literally got the entire world at their feet. Fame, the adoration of thousands of fans, money beyond their wildest imagination.

Yet despite all this good fortune they manage to squander it all away.

I'm sure she had a troubled life. But those starving kids in Africa have troubled lives... And I'm sure if you gave one of them the chance to live the 'life of Amy Winehouse' you won't find many of them doing drugs, hellbent on a path of self-destruction.

Thing is, some people just don't know good fortune if it slapped them in their faces.

My heart goes out to her family and the number of times they must have tried to make her see sense. They're the ones left to pick up the pieces.

I'll miss Amy Winehouse. I loved her talent, her creativity. Shew wasn't like every one else in her music. It's such a shame, so talented, so young, so many people wanting to help her.

Never even heard of her :D

R.I.P. and welcome to 27 club. Tell Kurt I said hi.

Lovely voice, awful face.

R.I.P.

Never say evil about the dead

Never say evil about the dead

Pol Pot
Saddam Hussein
Hitler
Stalin

hmm...

well, those ones were wicked to humanity

Sad. Amy had some uncanny, uncommon pipes. The drugs and smoke were deteriorating those quickly, but it's all the more shame that they did her in completely.

well, those ones were wicked to humanity

you just went against your own rule to never speak bad about the dead...
So what'll it be? Tell the truth about people or cosy them over just because they're goners?

What a waste of life right? Maybe she died that way to serve as a warning to other young people who are doing the same way as she did..

She should have said yes, yes, yes...

:(

What a waste of life right? Maybe she died that way to serve as a warning to other young people who are doing the same way as she did..

no, she died because she was a druggie and an attention whore.
We can only hope her death leads to youngsters steering clear of drugs, and not (as is often the case) to them trying to emulate her and gain fame by od'ing themselves.

Exactly my point :). Her death should scare the young people not to go into drugs if they do not want to die young.

no, she died because she was a druggie and an attention whore.
We can only hope her death leads to youngsters steering clear of drugs, and not (as is often the case) to them trying to emulate her and gain fame by od'ing themselves.

Personally, I didn't care much for her music or her style. She irritated me at best.

But what really is a shame is the loss of such a young life, under such tragic circumstances.

You see it everyday. "Talented young artist dies in a drug overdose." These people have literally got the entire world at their feet. Fame, the adoration of thousands of fans, money beyond their wildest imagination.

Yet despite all this good fortune they manage to squander it all away.

I'm sure she had a troubled life. But those starving kids in Africa have troubled lives... And I'm sure if you gave one of them the chance to live the 'life of Amy Winehouse' you won't find many of them doing drugs, hellbent on a path of self-destruction.

Thing is, some people just don't know good fortune if it slapped them in their faces.

My heart goes out to her family and the number of times they must have tried to make her see sense. They're the ones left to pick up the pieces.

You do realize, Africa has a lot of wealth, north and south, and that starving children exist in continents other than Africa.

commented: how does it relate with death +0
commented: yawn +0

And WTF has that got to do with anything? Seriously...

You do realize, Africa has a lot of wealth, north and south, and that starving children exist in continents other than Africa.

And? Are you insinuating she should have shared all she had?

Hell thats what I would do.
Not all, but a majority.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.