Warm today and hotter tomorrow, around 35°C in Sydney Australia.

Great warm day today, the snow we got a few days ago is nearly all melted. It can stay that way now until next year.

10°C and a little rain.
Normally it is around 4°C this time of the year.

Today was unusually chilly...

Warm this morning -- rained all day yesterday.

Its cold here. :)

Bright & sunny today

-11C, 15-30cm of snow, 80km/h winds. And some hail. Roads are not closed, but not recommended.

-11C, 15-30cm of snow, 80km/h winds. And some hail. Roads are not closed, but not recommended.

Wow... that is cold, espicially with winds! On the bright side you got snow ;D

Seattle was warm and rainy, Bozeman is cold and snowing. Just in case you did not notice US, China, and Australia are large enough countries that the question is moot - you can get any answer depending on where the respondent is. We will be driving down to Wyoming to see my sister; that will be even colder and snowier. Seattle is sea level, Bozeman is about 4,471 feet above sea level, and Worland is a little lower but in WY so the wind will be killer.

Unseasonally warm today, didn't even need a coat. Supposed to get warmer this weekend. I thought it was supposed to be middle of winter, not spring :)

Today is trolllllllllllll

Must you disrupt every conversation you are a part of? Do you have absolutely nothing worthwhile to contribute?

Must you disrupt every conversation you are a part of? Do you have absolutely nothing worthwhile to contribute?

Meh, he is banned now....

I know. I did that after I made my previous post. His troll posts have likewise been deleted.

Sunny and pretty warm for the winter! Around 50 degrees F!

Sunny and warm here too -- we will most likely catch hell next month.

Wanna trade? Here it's -27C and feels like -35C with the wind. We have blizzard warnings out.

Wanna trade? Here it's -27C and feels like -35C with the wind. We have blizzard warnings out.

Wow, that is worse than the artics lol

It never seizes to amaze how cold Winnipeg can get in winter.

Here it's -27C

I guess that cold front will make its way over here (Quebec) in a couple of days, just in time for a new year in the freezing cold.

Wow, that is worse than the artics lol

Naw -- just a bit chilly :)

Wanna trade?

-27C isn't really all that cold -- I've seen it colder in Iowa and North Dakota. I recall one morning when I was a teenager I got up early to milk cows (central Iowa), and the themometer read -40C. And that's one reason I haven't been back in over 50 years.

But that ain't nothing compared to the --89.167ºCClick Here recorded in 1983 on Antarctica's rocky ice-covered surface

Mike - did you get any part of the ice storm that hit hogtown?

Mike - did you get any part of the ice storm that hit hogtown?

No, we're quite alright over here. I think some people in Montreal were affected, and then some in the townships (south of Montreal). But I'm in Quebec City for the holydays and we only got 1 foot of snow during that storm, no ice rain or hail.

I recall one morning when I was a teenager I got up early to milk cows (central Iowa), and the themometer read -40C.

I recall in 2011 when, at 3am at night, the main water pipe in my street froze over under the -45C temperature (-50F). The freezing of the water in the pipe caused the whole pipe to burst open in the street, pooring freezing water over all the cars and street. I would have been really bad if it wasn't for the 1.5 meter snow banks lining the sidewalks, which contained the flow of water, which quickly (about 1 hour) froze over on the street, covering the entire street with about 1 foot of solid ice, with parked cars completely stuck in it for the unlucky who didn't rush out to move their car in time. It took a couple of weeks to recover (clean up, repair pipes, unfreeze pipes, etc.).

But it's not that bad, we only get maybe a couple of days per winter below -40C, and maybe a couple of weeks total below -30C. Below -20C is usual. And between -10C and -20C is nice and comfortable.

And between -10C and -20C is nice and comfortable.

I'll bet you all are sun bathing in all that heat :)

Going to -38C tonight with a windchill of -50C. You have to go back to 1893 to find a colder December.

Burrrrr! You can keep all that cold up there, I don't want it down here. It's only a little chilly here today, almost don't need a coat outdoors.

Woke up to light snow this morning, we got about an inch on the ground. I suppose you people in Canada find us sothern Americans somewhat amusing that we close all the schools at the first snow flake :)

Actually, here in Winnipeg I marvel at the amounts of snow you guys can get down south. Our news outlets just love to show clips of major snowfalls in the US. While we have been know to get a good dumping from time to time, I can recall only once when our entire city was completely shut down for several days. It was in November of 1986. My wife was stuck at home with a three year old, and a newborn (from September). I was on standby at the time so I got called in to the control centre Friday night before we got socked in. I didn't make it home again until late Monday afternoon.

@Mike - we just had one of those days. A water main broke in another part of town and by the time they got it under control a dozen or so vehicles were frozen up to their axles.

@RevJim, yep, that's pretty much how it looked like in my street the next day, all cars frozen in place up to their axles. The only picture I can find is from right after the pipes burst at 3am (in that picture, my apartment was the one right in the middle, with the spiraled stairs, next to the graffiti'd wall).

Wow - what a big mess.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.