Reading through the forums and seeing some responses, why do people quote their titles?? I don't think they care for one and it would matter on your resume, but to fix an issue of a hardware issue or some software or network issue. Yea, ok i have a wallet of certifications and years of experience with schooling and a Title that makes me sound important, all the person that asks a question wants is an answer not a monologue.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

Could you point to a post - I've never seen one.

Reading through the forums and seeing some responses, why do people quote their titles?? I don't think they care for one and it would matter on your resume, but to fix an issue of a hardware issue or some software or network issue. Yea, ok i have a wallet of certifications and years of experience with schooling and a Title that makes me sound important, all the person that asks a question wants is an answer not a monologue.

Let me guess it's in the hardware and software forum right? ;)

I guess it's probably to make his post trustworthy and credible by showing his experience to back that it up

You may have guessed right. I can see the credibility thing, but you don't use it to talk someone else down by throwing in "I have been trained in blah blah blah." Build a reputation to people, that's better than any monologue of your credentials.

You may have guessed right. I can see the credibility thing, but you don't use it to talk someone else down by throwing in "I have been trained in blah blah blah." Build a reputation to people, that's better than any monologue of your credentials.

Yup I know exactly who it is then ;)
Cause there's only one member I know who posts like that

But I guess that just reflects how he likes to post it's not really a bother to me and maybe the OP,

If I'm a newbie poster asking for help and got my problem solved then I wouldn't mind how that helper responded to me so long as it's not rude or ridiculing me

is it really bothering you that much?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.