Me? Oh nothing much, just bored at work. Working on a new web-app project on my free time. Planned to be in the appstore. Going to hit #1, just watch. How about you?

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

I am packing for my trip to Montana (leaving tomorrow), worrying about my cat (fungal ear infection), worrying about myself (ADD, depression, unemployed), and cleaning my apt. (well, I plan on cleaning my apt but...). I got my hot glass workbench set up, I have ordered some sheet metal to cover it and I am going over all the supplies I will need. Since I had to disassemble my bench when I moved, I have to make sure I have everything I need. The basics are: O2, propane, torlch, mandrels, and glass rods - these I have. I need something to pre-heat the glass rods (so they don't shattered from temperture shock) and I need something slow down the heat loss (tempering) after the bead/piece has been produced. Mostly these items can be purchased at a place like Value Village - a hot plate.

commented: I like you, you have a cat. They are the best :) +0

No way hot glass workbench, thats pretty cool. Do you have some pictures of what youve made so far or what you plan to make. What are you doing in Montana?

Member Avatar for Warrens80

Grimjack- dont let you depression get you down i just dealt with my depression about two months ago.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I am working on a small Project management app that is web based. Chilling out... watching a few movies on DVD and trying to better the lives of those around me.

I am working on getting an A on one of the few computer classes I enrolled in, right now I have a B and there is about 6 days left in the class :(

We all go through them, some worse than other, the key is to realize that you are in one and then try to get away from it by doing various positive fun things. But depression isn't all bad, its actually healthy in small dosage according to me lol.

Grimjack- dont let you depression get you down i just dealt with my depression about two months ago.

@iamthewee, whats your fav movie? any suggestion?

@iamthewee, whats your fav movie? any suggestion?

Obviously this depends on the person. But I have a wide range of movie tastes.
I enjoy movies with twists, pyschological thrillers, some of the old ones are good. 'Facebook' the movie was a good one from a geeks' POV.

Building a 12V DC power supply for my LEDs.

@ddanbe: Building from scratch? Are you planning on making anything with those LEDs?

How's firstPerson doing? You seem to have settled into your new job... Do you have a linky to your app or is it a non disclosure company thing?

@firstperson: no not from scratch, found an easy circuit scheme on the web, a transformer, diode bridge, 3 capacitors and a voltage regulator.
Parts I happened to have at hand so it was pleasant to build it(for me that is).
Could have easily bought one, but then I would mis all the fun.
The LEDs are window decoration and yes, you guessed it: it's X-mas!!!

@imthewee: Haha I'm doing good, the app is my side project. At my job I'm doing pretty important stuff, can't really talk about right now. As for my side-project, I'll have a prototype of the app soon, its web based. Tested it on iphone/android and desktop and looks good so far. I'll definitely let you guys know when alpha is ready so you guys can check it out and maybe test it.

How's firstPerson doing? You seem to have settled into your new job... Do you have a linky to your app or is it a non disclosure company thing?

@ddanbe: Haha I was going to guess for xmas. Nice sounds pretty cool, definitely more rewarding to build your own haha. I recently started a LED project as well, trying to make one of those led cubes. They look so cool.

@firstperson: Never tried one of those LED cubes. All I heard that it is a like hell to solder them! Success!
BTW: First try of of my power supply blowed my main fuse! All working well now. Perhaps I give the cube a try also...

@ddanbe, Awe man idk I havent tried to soldier them yet, just recently got an audrino board, hopefully it goes smooth. Which type of LEDs do you have? There are these awesome RGB ones but theyre so expensive

Just have the common ones most of them red and green a few blue, white and orange. But I did some experiments with placing 3 different colored LEDs in a semi opaque white object (used a ping-pong ball with a hole) and changing their idividual intensity with pot meters.
Not the same as RGB LEDs, but still amazing effects in the dark.

Much research and studying of PHP for a new build. Rather obsessed over it at this point. :)

Trying to get the cork out of a champagne bottle...

@firstperson: back from Montana and Wyoming - here is a link for my flickr sets. I just uploaded the pics for my last workbench; my new bench in my new apt has been built and I will install the sheet metal cover shortly then set it up. I hadn't used flickr since my trip to Paris, time to catch up.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.