a high diploma is a general education type thing, which gives you lots more latitude and variety of classes. this gives ten option of choosing "easy" classes besides the required classes of course.

Generally because of that they also require to see your transcript which specifies which courses you took. For instance to get into a science program at University I didn't just have to have a good GPA I had to have taken at least 4 of the 6 science courses offered in highschool as well as two of the hardest math courses.

One of the problems with a university education in the US is that a good chunk of your tuition goes to paying for that new football stadium or that plush house the university president lives in. I suppose you have to weigh the benefit of a degree against the years of crippling debt after you graduate.

I thought unlike other countries, college sports are actually profit-making for Universities in the US?

I've always found that my degree was the making of me. I was catapaulted into a very nice position in financial development, all because I went to a top university.

Letters do not mean you are better, they are just recognised proof you can do something. In formal education you rarely pickup bad habits and learn from people who really know what they're doing. Employers instantly recognise you are properly trained with a degree, instead of a bedroom learner having to try to prove that he is equivilant to those with a degree.

So yes it was expensive, but a 6 figure salary within 6 months of leaving soon catered for that.

Member Avatar for Warrens80

One of the problems with a university education in the US is that a good chunk of your tuition goes to paying for that new football stadium or that plush house the university president lives in. I suppose you have to weigh the benefit of a degree against the years of crippling debt after you graduate.

that's also true but not always the case

goes to paying for that new football stadium

Luckily we dont get thet problem in the UK aha

Paying that stadium, and chosing the easy classes depends on the school you choose.
My computer related degree was done 100% online through Denvier Institute of Technology/Westwood College. No football stadium to pay, and no choices to make in terms of classes. Laid out these are the classes you take plain and simple.

Education is crucial for personal and societal progress. It provides individuals with knowledge, skills, and critical thinking abilities that are essential for navigating the complexities of the modern world. Education enables people to gain a deeper understanding of themselves, their communities, and the global landscape, which drives progress and innovation forward.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.