Member Avatar for Warrens80

I've laughed, I've cried, I've torn out my hair, but yes! I have made finally to my senior year. I want to know what your senior year was like?

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

I have no idea what it is like... I am not even an official junior in high school yet but i can tell you one thing... and that is that senior year is going to go by fast and you better have a university picked out ;)

commented: clever +0

I don't have one picked out yet but I'll start looking second semester. this is year is going to be a breeze.

My senior year of high school was the only year of school up to then that I enjoyed. I got involved in our production of My Fair Lady. I started on scenery then ended up in the cast. That spring when our geography teacher took a group of students to Mexico, 90% of the group ended up being from the musical.

that sweet Jim! I wish I could do that.

My senior year in HS happened in Germany, and I had to sit in the backrow in class because I didn't look German.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

how was your senior year?

Years best forgotten! I was bullied religiously, and had no prom date at the end of year ball -but still went there alone.

Schools can be unkind to kids that don't fit in and like thinking more than being cool. Took a lot of work, socially and pushing my comfort zones to overcome those issues although I still sometimes feel the after effects.

My advice would be to enjoy it, live wrecklessly and be stupid, you won't get another time to benefit from an almost endless stream of girls and boundless opportunities to enhance your education.

Member Avatar for diafol

Mine was work and sport. I knew I wanted to go to uni and that I had to work for it. Used to play 2 full games of rugby every Saturday (school and then youth) followed by a bellyfull of beer and a game of football every Sunday.

Also had a "serious" gf who broke my heart. Worked out for the best. You don't want a gf "from home" when you go away.

So preparation wise, I was an almost crippled, borderline alcoholic that was free to enjoy female company. Great!

no such thing as "senior" or "junior" years here when I was in school. Just a mild hazing of the new kids on the first few days of the school year (independent of age, always got some transfering from other schools) and after that it was all hands defend the fort together against the other school 2 blocks away (who were not averse to mild (or not so mild) vandalism, including turning over the cars of our teachers, throwing rocks at our windows, and things like that).
That went on (and got worse) for years until the school boards of both schools got together and locked the fences during recess to prevent groups of pupils from making way for the enemy stronghold (oops, school).

Well, I had 4 math classes in grade 12. Honestly, that made the homework very consistent, and made things fly by easily.

Also had a "serious" gf who broke my heart. Worked out for the best. You don't want a gf "from home" when you go away.

Very true. I avoided the idea of having a gf when I relised I was leaving town. Though someting simular ended up happening in university anyways.

chem, physics, pure math, applied maths, biology, cartography, English, English lit,
I went to school on mondays, mondays were prac classes
didnt go other days, boring
external exams made 100% of the marking,
I do well in exams, usually finish hours before the end

There was a truant officer, she gave up coming around after a few months of the folks
"well test him on anything studied when you say he wasnt there"

damn, hippies

commented: heh heh +0

Graduated High School From the world class Tech Magnet School here in California. Although we have football field, I don't know much about playground, I am sure we don't have one. All we have were computers and finest mathematics teachers. Some kids are too young to be in High School. We have more mathematics, sciences, and computer geniuses than any high schools in the US of A.

Pretty much kids graduating at the age of 18 is considered pretty old at my school. There are many fine looking geek girls and that is a plus being in tech magnet school.

Junior/Senior prom were not as colorful as any other high school in the U.S., we have less dancing but have more laptops and bow ties in the dancing hall, for us geeks this is the night we can show what we can do behind the black box. We can hack any wires that have some signs of logic in them.

Just like iamthwee, I was bullied once, but I showed the big guy what the geek can do. Good thing the poor bully kid made it to the hospital, but I was very sorry for inventing something I shouldn't.

commented: LOL +0

here are many fine looking geek girls

I found that at uni - I was very very happy where I was for 4 years ;p But at first I had exactly the same problem as @Diafol...

My last year was the most stressful thing of my life, having been given a chance of a lifetime at uni, I had to work extremely hard.

Just meant that as soon as we got our results we could party very hard at prom ;)

Escaped being bullied in High School, didnt go much,
and between end of yr 6 and beginning of 7, grew from 4ft 5 to 6ft 1
was the weird kid who'll kill you
a few violent outbursts mostly exerting the change of influence between the former 4'5" punching bag, and former bullies
Defence paid for uni, and a salary while I was there.
Even if you are the only student in uniform, being the only one with money helps a lot. $3 lunches at the 'Nott'
Of course I like to blow things up

Defence paid for uni, and a salary while I was there.
Even if you are the only student in uniform, being the only one with money helps a lot. $3 lunches at the 'Nott'
Of course I like to blow things up

Wow thats some story aha ;) What did you actually do at uni/for a carrer?

I was an infantry soldier
retired :disposal munitions explosive ordinance: alive & with all four limbs, always a bonus
Uni courses were, so I could blow things up with less hassle, chem and phys

fireworks scare me half to death

Member Avatar for iamthwee

OMG veedeoo did you bomb the bully? I guess that would have been pretty cool but one helleva scare if the guy ended up dead!

OMG veedeoo did you bomb the bully? I guess that would have been pretty cool but one helleva scare if the guy ended up dead!

lol :). No, I did not bomb the bully. I electrocuted him, but not in my wildest imagination my gadget would even work.

My Dad did a lot of experiments on electrical autotransformers. I witnessed him converting a regular outlet voltage to thousands and thousand of volts, but these voltages carries a very minuscule amperage in them. For some reason, it gave me an idea creating something to defend myself and so I did build my portable electricution probes.

I bought the cheapest sine wave generator from radio shack and wired the input from my scooter's battery. I connected the output to the autoransformer. I placed the battery and the transformer inside my backback that entire week. I was patiently waiting for the bully to come close to me at arm lenght just like he did the last time. I was wearing my gadget jacket to hide the probes taped on my arms.

I think it was the Gods of Olympus who have hearkened to all of my prayers that week. The bully came up to embarass and harass me even more, but I was ready. When the distance was just perfect, I shoved the probes to his abdomen, and little I knew that this bully kid would fell like an statue with his face first. Sparks were everywhere and my heart was pounding really really hard, I thought he would get up and punch me to death or something like that. Then I noticed the kid wasn't even moving. I don't even remember if was even breathing at that time. I immediately called 911 and the paramedics took him to the hospital. It was a relief to hear that he was okay though. I was pretty scared.

The school put me on suspension. I was told if I ever bring any of my gadgets at school they will have to kick me out. Since it happened, I could freely walk around the campus without worrying about the bullies, especially when I am wearing my gadget jacket :).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.