@reverend_jim

Ah! So you not a Brit after-all but CanYanky! Lol!
Youtube search for the series: Only Fools & Horses.
Search for:

Delboy
Delboy and Rodney
You will laugh your head-off as that was the best Sitcom from 80's till it ended a dacade ago.

@dani

You watch too. If you can understand the cockney English accent. Lol!

@rprofitt

Any currency that is no value of itself or is not backed by some physical objects, like Metal, that has real value, is a Fiat Currency. And $dollar is a Fiat currency. Just like the Bit Coin & Crypto currencies.
Only difference is, the US Gov has made it law that the Fiat $dollar is LEGAL TENDER. When US falls, the USD will be of no value anywhere in the world as it is a Fiat currency. However, had US Gov made Gold legal tender, then when US falls, the gold will still have purchasing power in other countries.
Say, US & EU fell in World War 3 (nuke war). The survivors will migrate to Asia, Africa, etc where nukes were not dropped. Their Fiat Currencies will be no better than toilet paper in the countries they migrate to. Had they carried with their migrations gold & silver instead, then them 2 could be used as currencies in those foreign countries.
My point is, all fiat currencies have no real value. They only have value when the institute backing it up survives. When the institute is dead, so dies the value of their invented currency. The bubble bursts.
Watch what happens in 2026. World War 3 will erupt in 2025. Nato will OPENLY fight Russia and corner Russia with conventional weapons in 2026. Russia will run-out of conventional weapons and nuke Nato. Nato will retaliate. By bye Western Civilisation. Hello Asia, especially Africa!
(I gathered all these End Times Prophecies from various Religious Scriptures that relate how the World will end. They all state the fall of Western Civilisation in World War 3 by nukes. Talking about End Times Prophecies in Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddism, Red Indian Religions, etc.).
So, while you can, apply for citizenships in Africa and Asia before 2025. Donald Trump will start WW3. He will be re-elected again. When you see him win, FLEE the WEST. Because then you know the Prophecies coming true right infront of your eyes.
But stay away from China & Indian subcontinent as nukes will fall there too. In Asia, Pakistan, India China will be nuked.
Civil war will erupt in the Arabian Peninsula but no nukes. First Turkey, then Egypt will be invaded & occupied by Western forces just like Iraq & Afghanistan. Azerbaijan will be invaded by Armenia. Then Russia will invade Armenia. Iran will be invaded too. But not by USA.
Remember, what I said. WHich countries will be invaded by who.remember the serial. Then, when you see these invasions happening in the order I memtioned, FLEE the WEST. USA will cease to exist in 2026. Russia will win. But it will fall to Asian forces. Not China.
Africa will be safe for you all. But not North Africa.
Cruptos & Fiat Currencies will lose value in 2026. In 2027, it's the Gold Standard again worldwide. And wait for Christ's 2nd coming in 2034/35. after 1/3 of human populations have died from hunger & plague and another 1/3 have died from World War 3 in 2026 no thanks to nukes. So, out of 850 million people, only about 250-300 million humans will remain in 2028. They will be lucky to live in Christ's era.
Anyway, getting derailed from topic.
Excuse the scare.
Continue your Crypto Wars.
Do not bother replying to this post. I have no wish to argue with anyone about my claims of Ww3 starting in 2025. Like I said, I got these Prophecies from different Religion Scriptures. Not my own claims. When you see WW3 erupted in 2025, FLEE the WEST as ww3 will end with NUKES in 2026.

It still comes down to picking a currency that

1. is backed by the US government
  2. is backed by nothing

I pick no. 1 regardless of if/when WW III is coming. But I think we kind of went off the rails with the whole Armageddon thing.

@dani

How is your friend earning & paying with BitCoins since their official website has been down for days now ?
https://bitcoin.org/

This site can’t be reached
bitcoin.org’s DNS address could not be found. Diagnosing the problem.
DNS_PROBE_POSSIBLE

That website appears to be up and I can find no history of it being down.

I wonder if you're behind a proxy server that is blocking it?

@dani

I never use proxies as they are slow and I do not trust them.

Do not bother replying to this post. I have no wish to argue with anyone about my claims of Ww3 starting in 2025.

Then why did you bring it up when it is completely unrelated to this thread? How nice that you get to voice your opinion while telling us that we don't.

@reverend_jim

Ok. Fair enough. Voice your opinion. Just make sure none of us 2 get banned for going off-topic.
And, make sure no flames start. We're both mature. So let's keep it civil. (Not saying you aren't).

And, I did not voice my opinion. I voiced Prophecies stated by Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hindu Scriptures Prophecising World End Time Prophecies about World War 3 leading to World War 4 or Armageddon (2028-20350. Ww4 will be fought with swords, spears, etc as we go back to middle ages after ww3 (nukes war 2025-26) that destroys Western Civilisation and parts of Asia (Pakistan, India, China) with nukes. Best you open another thread about it. That way, no complains we get about going off-topic.
I brought the topic up about ww3 because you argued with dani that $USD is valuable while BitCoin is not. My argument was both are Fiat Currencies.Not backed by Gold or Silver. And so, both are garbage.
My argument is, if $USD can have value because the US Gov says so then BitCoin can also have value because the World Public says so. And if you say, Fiat Currency BitCoin's bubble will burst one day and it will be of no value then I say fiat currency $USD's likewise will bubble burst and will be no better than toilet paper. Now, I know that, you did not claim that $USD will not lose value. That, it's bubble will not burst. But, I sensed you will say that. And so, I cut you short by claiming the bubble will burst when USA Gov exists no more because USA will cease to exist when ww3 erupts as it & UK will be a target by Russia. I know from Prophecies ww3 will erupt in 2025 & end in 2026 when Nato corners Russia and Russia hits the nukes all over Nato (West). That's what lead to this subject of ww3. There is another Bible & Islamic Prophecy about USA getting hit by a comet (aimed by Angel Gabriel) as a punishment from God. Punishment that makes USA extinct.
No offense meant.
Now, do not bother replying back about ww3 in this thread but open a new thread in appropriate category and invite me there.
Here, you may discuss about Crypto Currencies.

And, I'd appreciate it if you could help me in my codings so I can give Dani a break now and then. How-about that ?

They only have value when the institute backing it up survives. When the institute is dead, so dies the value of their invented currency. The bubble bursts.

The institute backing the US dollar is the US government. Granted, the GOP is doing its damnedest to blow up the economy, and possibly the global one as well, but crypto-currencies are backed by essentially nobody. A country did not have to fall for SBF to go belly up.

Bitcoin is the best in the crypto currency but I don't have any idea about how to invest in crypto currency ?

Crypto trading giant Binance has been charged with mishandling funds and deceiving federal regulators.

commented: "Book'em Danno" (Hawaii 5-0 reference.) +0

Hey! I'm not long time in cryptoworld, but have already found crypto platforms, that I'm in love with. It's ofcourse Binance and find another good - CoinRabbit.

I have mined crypto and have made my initial cost back many times over. I went into it with the mindset of not expecting any return and have been pleasantly surprised. This was a few years back and timing was a factor. I'm not sure I would do it again at this point. As for crypto services/exchanges, in the EU Binance is the biggest and in the US it is Coinbase.

Just stumbled across this topic and remembered how much I regret not getting into bitcoins back in the day. I had a really super powerful workstation at the time that could have mined them for next to nothing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.