Congrats Joe(y)! I hope you'll continue writing in your blogs because I've enjoyed reading them!
What prize have you chosen?

Keep up the good work!

Niek

I hope you'll continue writing in your blogs because I've enjoyed reading them!

Thank you. I am by no means going to stop blogging, although the blogging likely won't be as frequent as you were experiencing over the past 2 months.

I may also write a few tutorials now that the pressure is off on my blog. :)

What prize have you chosen?

No word yet from Dani... ;)

She's busy tweaking DaniWeb code, has just pulled another all-nighter by the look of it (well, was replying to my PMs at 5.30am her time anyway.)

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Yeah...

I just thought I'd say a big 'thank you' to Daniweb for even donating such great prizes. You don't see many other forum's doing that...

It's a real shame that more people didn't take part in the competition though, because without greater participation it is hard to envisage offering such prizes again.

Not that competitions and prizes are dead in the water, but I doubt they will take quite the same form again.

Talking of which, what would you guys like to see by way of competitions here that would encourage you enough to take part?

It's a real shame that more people didn't take part in the competition though, because without greater participation it is hard to envisage offering such prizes again.

Ah well... I'm not complaining. :cheesy:

Talking of which, what would you guys like to see by way of competitions here that would encourage you enough to take part?

Hmm, perhaps something that's more popular, such as a posting competition. Maybe the first person to post 5000 non-spam posts in a given timeframe wins a prize? Or perhaps have a similar contest to the blogging one, except with tutorials/code snippets?

The trouble with a '5000 posts by...' competition is it would just encourage low quality high volume posting, not what we are after at DaniWeb.

Congratulations Joey (I guess all call you by this name nowadays ;) ) !!!

I haven't read your blogs as such but I am sure you must have made it really good.

Keep praying that more people start writing blogs so that there really is a second time.....

If my English was good enough, I would have given it a shot (I like big plasmascreens :) )

How about a 'most rep from newbies' competition. This way you'll have to post relevant posts to score points. Just a thought.

Niek

How about a 'most rep from newbies' competition. This way you'll have to post relevant posts to score points. Just a thought.

...but would be difficult to keep track of. I guess that means adding a new column to the member table.

Most number of helpful posts (decided by the admins of course) or most number of posts would be a good thing.

Except that it would be highly subjective. C/C++ is probably the single most popular forum here, and so generally people who post in it receive far more repuation per post than people who post in, say "*nix shell scripting". It wouldn't be fair for users chances of winning to depend on the popularity of the forum they post in.

Most number of helpful posts (decided by the admins of course)

That might be a better idea, if at least more fair.

Except that it would be highly subjective. C/C++ is probably the single most popular forum here, and so generally people who post in it receive far more repuation per post than people who post in, say "*nix shell scripting". It wouldn't be fair for users chances of winning to depend on the popularity of the forum they post in.

Hmm, you're right, I didn't think of that.

Most number of helpful posts (decided by the admins of course) or most number of posts would be a good thing.

But wouldn't that mean *a lot* of extra work for the admins?

Niek

Congratz Joeprogrammer .. =')

Thanks! :)

So joe, have you gotten your stuff yet? I was there when she mailed it out, and I have to admit, I'm envious >.>

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.