Another question:-/ . What Poster ranks are available. For there seems to be many. A newbie comes in as a "newbie poster" then is promoted to a "light Poster" then to "junior poster in training". What are the criteria required for one to gain "promotion" and move up the ranks:)

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

The criteria is more post counts.

...and yet another reason why newbies should be notified of how the post and tep systems work

Why? The only thing noobs need to know is how to write in complete sentences and use code tags. A little humility would be nice, too -- some people just expect a free homework service. The last thing we need is people measuring their self-worth based on how many posting games they play in.

commented: Damn straight! - Salem +6

Well, we should at least explain to them how it works.. we don't expect them to make much of a difference since their rep. would be neutral for some time.. but It saves us the time of explaining to them anyway through posts/threads.

...and yet another reason why newbies should be notified of how the post and tep systems work

It's all here in the forums if you search for it. That's what the whole forum things all about.

Hey Rashakil my a_rse is itchy why wasn't I notified ? (sorry I couldn't resist that)

Very funny! :icon_wink:

Hey Rashakil my a_rse is itchy why wasn't I notified ? (sorry I couldn't resist that)

HollyBabe, Can I ask you a question, Were you ever a newbie?:?:

Did anybody really answer the question?

>Did anybody really answer the question?
That would kind of take away the point of user ranks. However, if you really want to know, head over to the Member List at the top of the page, and sort by post count. You'll be able to see most of the user titles.

Just so you know -- "Dark Poster" is special, it's reserved for me and Rashakil Fol ;-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.