Im now a master poster, Yay!

Recommended Answers

All 36 Replies

Me too. Doube yay.

yay yay!
is there anything after master poster?

New keyboard buyer.

lol i want one how many posts?

Lets see.... cigarette burn .... coffee spill... dust (double layer)... cracked cable... damn <> key not working every time... sme othr kys oo...I think it will be a 800 mark.

lol that happpened to my pda i wore out the touchscreen from msn

My buggy genius slim star keyboard wouldn't work in PS/2 port. Have to occupy one of the USBs. Otherwise it would "jamm" the key that was pressed too often in a shot period of time. (try playing doom 3 with that kind of bug). And it's design flaw. *curses*
In USB it works fine, but not every time. Sometimes it refuses to boot at all. Happened in the middle of the windows installation process when it prompted me for password. Had to hard-reset and do all over again. Stupid thing thought that installation failed.*curses*

I get through a keyboard in less than 12 months as a rule, but then I hate to think how many words I write every year!

I've learned how to take it apart and clean the it up. You wouldn't believe what and how much of it gets in there.

And the putting all the keys back...that's a story on it's own (usually spelled wrong, he, he).

i spilt weetabix in my dads so i prized all the keys off with this tool thats a screwdriver but the end is like a claw hammer or crowbar and i took out the silicon sheet and washed it and all the keys in the bath while i just sponged the electronic bits clean

works fine now

My salutations and deference to thou, master! :cheesy:

> is there anything after master poster?

After "Master Poster", I believe there's "Practically a Posting Shark" at 800, and of course "Posting Shark" at 900 posts...

Here I have 1.3 K posts and all they do with me is give me this:

Banned ;)

im thinking about becoming a sponsor actually as theni get to choose my own title, dunno if i have the cash right now tho cos i have no job

commented: Thanks for rep, hope you get the money soon - ~s.o.s~ +7

Hehe dont worry, you will very soon get enough money to earn a custom title via sponsorship.

PS: Thanks to your rep my rep title changed to "glorious beacon of light".

You're sponsoring already a lot of time and time=money, JBennet :) I guess it will help Daniweb too if you help people, which could afford sponsoring in turn. What would your custom title be BTW? Forums groundskeeper? :cheesy:
@ ~s.o.s~: Computer geeks often fear bright light, so no wonder they banned you... :cheesy:

You're sponsoring already a lot of time and time=money, JBennet :) I guess it will help Daniweb too if you help people, which could afford sponsoring in turn. What would your custom title be BTW? Forums groundskeeper? :cheesy:

That post made absolutely no sense
yeah well i will definately sponsor if i get a job ive applied to be shelf stacker at loads of places with no luck, even applied to mickey D's

ahhh!

A master poster who still hasn't learned how to use the apostrophe key or capitalize "I"? What is the world coming to! <sigh> Kids these days. Why, in my day we had to learn to TYPE to use a computer!

Congratulations. I have no idea what the next "level" is or how many posts it might require.

That post made absolutely no sense

Sorry. Let's say I don't speak your language so well, wanted to cheer you up a bit and didn't think too much about it. I know what it's like to be in that situation.

A master poster who still hasn't learned how to use the apostrophe key or capitalize "I"? What is the world coming to! <sigh> Kids these days. Why, in my day we had to learn to TYPE to use a computer!

I couldn't agree with you more. No offense, but people who are too lazy to use punctuation and capitalization shouldn't post so much. Or there should be some sort of rule that when you hit x number of posts, your posts need to contain a certain level of formatting.

Have you ever seen a mod being lazy when they post? I never have (although there probably have been some incidents).

Still, congratulations on becoming "Practically a posting shark".

I couldn't agree with you more. No offense, but people who are too lazy to use punctuation and capitalization shouldn't post so much. Or there should be some sort of rule that when you hit x number of posts, your posts need to contain a certain level of formatting.

Have you ever seen a mod being lazy when they post? I never have (although there probably have been some incidents).

Still, congratulations on becoming "Practically a posting shark".

I agree 90%.

10% is reserved for ppl who's english is poor. (their 2nd or 3rd language)

I've been around the globe and, with english being world language, I've talked to countless ppl. Ppl I talk to sometimes speak "pigeon english", and if I start talking (what would British refer to as) "oxford english" or "school english" (for the USA ppl), I wouldn't be understood. At all.
I would HAVE to talk "pigeon english" too they would understand what I am saying.

10% is reserved for ppl who's english is poor. (their 2nd or 3rd language)

When I encounter words like "lol", "ppl" and "pls", I assume they're simply being lazy. Typically, people who have poor English have funny-looking sentances, which look quite a bit different from people who are just pure lazy.

I use "lol", "ppl" and "pls" as acronyms. Also, it is a way to reduce typing time and keyboard wear-and-tear. At least with me.

Sometimes, writing full-size words make sentences difficult to read/understand.

Only important thing here is that we are understood correctly. Grammar is 2nd priority. (if any)

According to me the purpose of the post shouldn't be defeated.

I can easily find out whether a person doesn't know English or is just lazy.
Eg. of not knowing English:

I write the code in C++ language and now it is in Visual Studio. I have pressed button but many errors below the screen. My program right but it shows wrong and not works. Thanks to you.

And for the lazy ones:

Ya wadaya knw guys, I right a prg and lol it dn't compiel. Can you sort it out for me ? Chers .

And for those who dont English and not even spellings

Me write a prograam and rite it shold be bt dont do like i write. Hlp plss. My poor eng so pls sry me.

The above sentences are not fictious, I have myself seen them at many places. For people who dont know English, I dont at all mind, we can't blame them for coming from different parts of the globe, but for those people who are English and when they write using shortcuts argh...

For a person like me whose first language is not English, I try very hard to write to the best of my knowledge and capabilites and learn from other people's post. This is the least a human can do -- "learn from others".

"If i hrt ane1, give me pardon, i not english" :D

OK guys, I'll try to write more neatly in future. It's just that most of my posts are done from my PDA and its a bit hard to type on it.

I was just saying that the post below doesnt make much sense

You're sponsoring already a lot of time and time=money, JBennet :) I guess it will help Daniweb too if you help people, which could afford sponsoring in turn.

I think what he means is that, if you help people, they will somehow get into a lot of money because of your help and then maybe would be able to sponsor Daniweb.

But the thing it that....it will leave you as a normal member :D

Thanks for explaining that, also this thread is now a bit irrelevant as now im a "posting shark" not a master poster

Well I have an interview at Waitrose today so maybe theyll hire me and I can start earning some money :) for sponshorship

A question for the moderators:

How come you always answer questions but never really ask them?
Do you just enjoy helping people?

I think I kinda do because i think of how much easier things would have been for me if I had gained advice from like-minded people on a forum such as this

Daniweb is great isnt it?

Thanks for explaining that.

Well I have an interview at Waitrose today so maybe theyll hire me and i can start earning some money

BOL (Best of Luck)

Hope you get the job, the sponsor badge, the custom title, the access to Area 51, .....:cheesy:

Thanks SOS

Its kind of annoying because I was 16 later than most people in my year at school and I finished my exams later than most of them so I missed out a bit on the job market. Now were in college and all of them are taken (Ive applied for 9 in the past 3 months) :( Its prety depressing when McDonalds say they dont require your services.....

So maybe il have some luck today

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.